1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shark Performance S3

Sock Aug 29, 2011

1. Sock

Sock Shark in a Goldfishes clothing

Yeah that thought came to me earlier, I'm not really that bothered about figures so didn't really plan it very well did I lol

2. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace! VCDS Map User

Excellent figures those, Dave! The Shark team are the biz, wouldn't ever look past them for mapping. Glad you're enjoying your new found ponies, lol. :wub:

3. Sock

So to those experts out there,

If my peak power is just over 6000 revs, do I change gear after that or continue on to the rev limiter and then change?

4. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

What sort of induction noise increase did you get with the Twin take sock ? Looking about for a CAI that quiet. :) and looking at your chart i would change any time after 5500. Remember ideally its not just looking at the peak when you change but also where the revs will drop too as well..

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  5. Silky-S3

Silky-S3 Is loving his new 8V S3!

Just after 6000 so it drops back into peak power range :)

6. Sock

Cheers fellas,

With the twin take you can hear the air being sucked in at lower revs when you floor it, and it makes a more aggressive and deeper sound on full blast but nothing extreme, under normal driving it is no different to standard :)

7. rosco11

rosco11 Member

Hi Paulie I've been following your build over recent months and admire your style!

Did you load shark stage 2 via STS? Or was it a visit to Shark HQ? Would it be advantageous to visit rather than using their STS system for a stage 2 map or would it just be the same map. Sorry for all the questions!

How is the car on Stage 2 with your twintake & exhaust? I know revo stage 2/2+ cars can suffer from fuel issues (5200rpm flat spot) and timing pull etc have you had any fuel & timing logs done since the map? I also wonder if stage 2 is worthwhile, stick with stage 1 or go stage 2+ with fuel pump? Perhaps you could advise about stage 2?

Advice on the above would be welcome from anyone with experience of Shark as I find myself debating revo v shark and there seems to be a lot of good things being said about Shark at the minute....