1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shark Performance S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Sock, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Sock

Sock Shark in a Goldfishes clothing

[Sep 6, 2011]
    Yeah that thought came to me earlier, I'm not really that bothered about figures so didn't really plan it very well did I lol
  2. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Sep 6, 2011]
    Excellent figures those, Dave! The Shark team are the biz, wouldn't ever look past them for mapping. Glad you're enjoying your new found ponies, lol. :wub:
  3. Sock

[Sep 6, 2011]
    So to those experts out there,

If my peak power is just over 6000 revs, do I change gear after that or continue on to the rev limiter and then change?
  4. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Sep 6, 2011]
    What sort of induction noise increase did you get with the Twin take sock ? Looking about for a CAI that quiet. :) and looking at your chart i would change any time after 5500. Remember ideally its not just looking at the peak when you change but also where the revs will drop too as well..
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  5. Silky-S3

Silky-S3 Is loving his new 8V S3!

[Sep 6, 2011]
    Just after 6000 so it drops back into peak power range :)
  6. Sock

[Sep 6, 2011]
    Cheers fellas,

With the twin take you can hear the air being sucked in at lower revs when you floor it, and it makes a more aggressive and deeper sound on full blast but nothing extreme, under normal driving it is no different to standard :)
  7. rosco11

rosco11 Member

[Sep 6, 2011]
    Hi Paulie I've been following your build over recent months and admire your style!

Did you load shark stage 2 via STS? Or was it a visit to Shark HQ? Would it be advantageous to visit rather than using their STS system for a stage 2 map or would it just be the same map. Sorry for all the questions!

How is the car on Stage 2 with your twintake & exhaust? I know revo stage 2/2+ cars can suffer from fuel issues (5200rpm flat spot) and timing pull etc have you had any fuel & timing logs done since the map? I also wonder if stage 2 is worthwhile, stick with stage 1 or go stage 2+ with fuel pump? Perhaps you could advise about stage 2?

Advice on the above would be welcome from anyone with experience of Shark as I find myself debating revo v shark and there seems to be a lot of good things being said about Shark at the minute....