shark fin aerial

Audi-Power

Reaction score
hi

i have purchased a shark fin aerial for my A3.
however it wont plug into the standard aerial :ermm:

does anyone no if you can buy a converter to connect the 2 aerials together ?

thanks

ok cheers

if i have time tomorrow i will get some pictures up of the 2 connections.

it is strange how the shark fin is a universal fit but it dont fit audi :s

So is it an audi sharkfin from a later car or aftermarket?

Pic from google would suffice.

Yes that's a DIN connector on the aerial and it'll be ISO on the HU as long as it's the stock HU so the first adapter is the right one.

Yes that's a DIN connector on the aerial and it'll be ISO on the HU as long as it's the stock HU so the first adapter is the right one.

ok cheers andy
i dont want to put the standard aerial back on as these look way better.
so hope it works :D

looks like im going to have to run a live wire as well with this shark fin though :(
its wierd how they work

Make sure its switched or it could flatten your battery, found out the hard way years ago when testing 1 of these on my S3, lol, oops, sure it was identical to that aswell.

IIRC the antenna base in roof lining had a pcb integrated which I assume is an amp, should be for the £170 they cost in etka, cant recall fully as was years back now when I played with my S3 antenna, but was fed by a fakra type end on it, so unless you cut it & fit new connector, then you may have to run a new stretch front to back with a switched supply, bare in mind if its switched then using radio would need ignition on for antenna to give best reception.

I would leave stock wiring there to swap back when selling car.

so my shark fin is a DIN ?

i have taken a picture of the standard aerial in my a3

IMG_0756.jpg

the one you suggested andy looks different :(

That looks like an ISO female (should really be male) that won't plug into anything, can you tilt it round and take a pic?
You should have exactly the same connector on the HU, so you need an ISO male to ISO male (wierd), which I don't think exists

Last edited: