1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shark ariel, anyone done it?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by xdam, May 13, 2004.

1. xdam

xdam Member

[May 13, 2004]
    [​IMG]

i saw one of these shark ariels on an a4 and it looked pretty cool, just wondering if anyone has put one on the a3, i hate the long aerial i have at the momment.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[May 13, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    xdam said:
    [​IMG]

i saw one of these shark ariels on an a4 and it looked pretty cool, just wondering if anyone has put one on the a3, i hate the long aerial i have at the momment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a bee-sting or similar. Got one on mine and look MUCH better than the standard thing.

Rich
  4. dunk

dunk Member

[May 13, 2004]
    does the shark aerial do the radio? i thought it was gps and telephone - it certainly is on the latest s4.

i changed my radio whip on the roof to the audi triplex (gps/radio/phone) - you have to remove the boot side trim on the left, the pillar trim then the central rear roof trim behind the rear roof lights - the aerial has a toothed nut that simply unscrews - remove the old aerial, pass the new leads through the roof hole and put back the bolt.

you may find that the leads/connections are very different - the audi triplex aerial uses the radio lead connector for the gps signal and different connectors for the radio and phone - i cut the new aerial connectors off and soldered the leads but had to dismantle the triplex aerial to start with to work out which of the 3 leads was which function - they areent labelled at all.
  5. xdam

xdam Member

6. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

[May 13, 2004]
    RICHBROOK
    Shark Fin Replica Antenna

... I'm guessing by the word replica that it is merely a stick on piece of plastic?
  7. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[May 14, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    dunk said:
    does the shark aerial do the radio? i thought it was gps and telephone - it certainly is on the latest s4.

i changed my radio whip on the roof to the audi triplex (gps/radio/phone) - you have to remove the boot side trim on the left, the pillar trim then the central rear roof trim behind the rear roof lights - the aerial has a toothed nut that simply unscrews - remove the old aerial, pass the new leads through the roof hole and put back the bolt.

you may find that the leads/connections are very different - the audi triplex aerial uses the radio lead connector for the gps signal and different connectors for the radio and phone - i cut the new aerial connectors off and soldered the leads but had to dismantle the triplex aerial to start with to work out which of the 3 leads was which function - they areent labelled at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunk, have you got pics to show the fellas what you are talking about? In terms of it's looks that is.
  8. dunk

dunk Member

[May 14, 2004]
    the only point of fitting the triplex aerial is for the gps or phone bit - lookwise it looks like the standard whip, but the base is bigger with a second round bulge in front of the normal base of the aerial.

overall no change in looks - but sorry i dont have any pictures.
  9. dunk

dunk Member

[May 14, 2004]
  10. dunk

dunk Member

[May 14, 2004]