Shall I wait for MY11?

I think I'm littering this forum with my story for which I apologise if like me you are reading multiple threads. But this is what has happened to me;

Ordered company car through GE into Slough Audi in mid-Feb. Order confirmed, delivery date forecast for 27th May.
By the 20th April and some delayed dates being entered into the new delivery forecast I requested that it was looked into and switched to Manchester Audi who said they could deliver by mid-July vs the new delivery date of September from Slough Audi.
Manchester Audi have been in touch to tell me that the MY11 changes have further delayed my order being entered for a build date and I should have a build date in the next week.

Car ordered is A3 3 Door 2.0TDI 170 BE in Ibis White

I will update once I know more but this has turned into a nightmare and Audi customer service has been pretty poor in general with a lack of communication and help.

It's Slough Audi mine is ordered through as well - was hoping to have had the car for summer - the BMW lead times are only 6-8 weeks at the moment, if I hadn't of already paid for the options I'd be cancelling the order and changing to a 1er!

It's Slough Audi mine is ordered through as well - was hoping to have had the car for summer - the BMW lead times are only 6-8 weeks at the moment, if I hadn't of already paid for the options I'd be cancelling the order and changing to a 1er!

I've heard that from a colleague too. He ordered a 1 series hatch earlier this month and will be in it by mid-June! He's a happy chappy.

All I can say is good luck with Slough Audi. I was dealing with a guy called Kiran. He was a nice guy to be honest but could never get me solid answers. Manchester seem slightly better but I think they are being let down by Audi HQ with limited information, unless it's so bad they are protecting us from it and hoping they don't lose orders!
It could be Slough were better at forecasting and my car will come September time whoever I went through. We shall see in the next week I guess.

I have gone through Bolton Audi and they expect around mid November . Has anyone any any experience of Bolton Audi ? Is this a realistic date or do they or any dealers tend to deiver earlier than expected ? I'm kind of hoping that they bring the date forward , but don't know how likely this is .

i'm with Stoke Audi. Placed the order in April and they told me expect it end of June. But with MY11 delays they are saying mid - end of July now.

Same thing has happened to me also, ordered a BE sportback in black with the tech pack and open sky system back in early Jan with ING leasing, took them nearly two months to finally process my order.

ING got back to me mid march and quoted delivery date as late May from Manchester Audi. All seemed fine until I got a phone call yesterday to say my order would be an MY11 and obviously manchester Audi ran through the changes, not too bad apart from the changed alloys.

I then Asked if it would be here next week as promised to which I got the response 'we haven't got a build date yet and we will confirm this next week'.

Obviously I'm rather angry at the moment especially as I have had to extend my existing lease which isn't cheap.

I was under the impression that the car industry was slow and therefore production lines were not at full stretch, come on Audi get your act sorted!!!!

I opted for a MY10 in the end as the MY11 has a 3% price increase, will be here end of June they reckon...

I wouldn't worry about it Jap, the changes are only things like chrome handles and a bit of gloss black plastic on yours so no biggy at the end of the days its still the car you wanted in the first place isnt it.

In my travels i have popped into about 6 different dealers now and played the dumb customer, i too conclude that they done know squat and the boys on here are more in the loop.

I did discover that the northern dealerships had a sales meeting on the 20th (yesterday) because they were complaining of not knowing what was going on them selves and the MY11 specification was discussed allong with some other stuff non A3 related. So they have no excuses now!

In a nut shell, if you had a build date before may its a MY10 after its a MY11, not exact so dont quote but thats to the best of my gathered knowledge.

Oh and i have seen the new BE 18" Rotor wheel in the metal but not on a car. As thought its a nice wheel in its own right but not under my skin like the existing one but it has started to grow on me. (no i didn't take a photo, was a lovely blonde sales girl showing me and i didn't want her to think i was a geek!).

Just thought I'd let you kow I've just ordered a S3 MY11 on Sat gone due on 30 Sept , but still had an option to get MY10 as this was £1500 cheaper as the Tech pack is not included.

So the S3 MY11 does include the Tech Pak as standard, but you have to pay £1500, which I did! along with a few other extras :)

I wanted to see if anyone else was querying this, as I thought the salesman was trying a fast one. So this forum as done this.

Thanks I thought I was the only paraniod S3 MY11 purchaser...

Just thought I'd let you kow I've just ordered a S3 MY11 on Sat gone due on 30 Sept , but still had an option to get MY10 as this was £1500 cheaper as the Tech pack is not included.

So the S3 MY11 does include the Tech Pak as standard, but you have to pay £1500, which I did! along with a few other extras :)

I wanted to see if anyone else was querying this, as I thought the salesman was trying a fast one. So this forum as done this.

Thanks I thought I was the only paraniod S3 MY11 purchaser...

As i understand, Customer orders placed up to and including May 24 will be price protected which basically means
New customer orders placed up to, and including, May 24 will be fixed at currently advertised 2010 Model Year prices. So i can't understand why your dealer is charging you the extra when the price increase doesn't come into effect till 25th May.

Take a look at this: http://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/latest-news/audi-uk-confirms-2011-model-year-range-pricing.html

I've just confirmed my order/signed paperwork yesterday for a 2.0 TDI (170) with Start Stop. As it has Start Stop for the 170 brake i'm assuming that I will get a MY11 car. The sales name said it would probably arrive mid august but i'm collecting it on the 1st September.

Yes you are correct in a way, I did not have to pay the % price increase, but all MY11 S3's come with the Tech Pack and as such the basic price of all MY11S3's will be increased in addition to the % increase. The dealer said I could still get MY10 for £1500 less and still protedted from the 5 rise, but I opted for MY11.

So what you'll see is a new price altogether for the S3 with no option to include the Tech Pack as it comes as standard. The price seems to be in line with the Golf R.

Unless any one can prove otherwise, as I seen him order S3 MY11 (Technology) on the actual Audi mainframe system along my other options.

JBMNIC : I ordered an S3 last Wed and paid MY10 price for the car and was told I would get the tech package free as my car was to be a MY11.

Yes you are correct in a way, I did not have to pay the % price increase, but all MY11 S3's come with the Tech Pack and as such the basic price of all MY11S3's will be increased in addition to the % increase. The dealer said I could still get MY10 for £1500 less and still protedted from the 5 rise, but I opted for MY11.

So what you'll see is a new price altogether for the S3 with no option to include the Tech Pack as it comes as standard. The price seems to be in line with the Golf R.

Unless any one can prove otherwise, as I seen him order S3 MY11 (Technology) on the actual Audi mainframe system along my other options.

I don't see how a dealer can offer you a my10 car unless it is allready built or is being built this week as from next week they are all my11 cars, as far as i understand it!

I don't see how a dealer can offer you a my10 car unless it is allready built or is being built this week as from next week they are all my11 cars, as far as i understand it!
All I can say is what I've been told and seen on the Audi ordering system and at the time I was there MY10 S3 was an option to order on the system.

As the basic price now for an S3 is £29k per this link http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/a3-s3.pdf I got MY11 S3, Mamba Black, privacy glass, bose and black / magma red leather for well under this and as the Tech Pack now comes as standard I feel I've got a good deal all round.

So bring on Sept and a 60 reg S3:beerchug:

Not disagreeing with you mate, this is atually what i beleive too, i got a v good deal on my sportback s3 and am hoping that my car will have the tech pack (it should as the dealer says it is a my11 car) this means i will get the tech pack free as they say there will be no price rise!!

All I can say is what I've been told and seen on the Audi ordering system and at the time I was there MY10 S3 was an option to order on the system.

As the basic price now for an S3 is £29k per this link http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/a3-s3.pdf I got MY11 S3, Mamba Black, privacy glass, bose and black / magma red leather for well under this and as the Tech Pack now comes as standard I feel I've got a good deal all round.

So bring on Sept and a 60 reg S3:beerchug:

Not disagreeing with you mate, this is atually what i beleive too, i got a v good deal on my sportback s3 and am hoping that my car will have the tech pack (it should as the dealer says it is a my11 car) this means i will get the tech pack free as they say there will be no price rise!!

My order currentley saids MY10 on the Audi's system. But the saleman as guaranteed me 100% that it will be a MY11 model when i get it. He also told me that any new options made standard on MY11 models which weren't on MY10 i will get free of charge.

Diamond

That is more or less what i was told but he did say that he didn't think it would have the tech pack although if it did there would be no charge for it, i am expectimg a call from him tomorrow as i want a build date, not unreasonable as i ordered 7 weeks ago!!

Diamond

That is more or less what i was told but he did say that he didn't think it would have the tech pack although if it did there would be no charge for it, i am expectimg a call from him tomorrow as i want a build date, not unreasonable as i ordered 7 weeks ago!!

7 weeks on order, might be close to my10, but good luck for my11 will be a bonus! anyway you'll still have a new S3!!!!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS A BONUS:thrashi:

Yeh 7 weeks, i have spoken to them and he confirmed that it will be a my11 car, but this was 3 weeks ago so need to have a chat with him to see when the build date is and when i can expect it.

Don't see how they can build a my11 without the tech pack though!!

Diamond

I placed my order on 12th April, so around the same time as you ordered your car. Went down see the saleman on Monday. Still no build date. So i will be surpised if he can give one a build date tomorrow.

I ordered on April 30th, phoned the dealer this morning to see if I could change the spec slightly. Unfortunately this is now not possible as the order has been confirmed by the factory - told a build date is imminent! lol I've got no hope if you guys haven't heard yet :-(

I ordered on April 30th, phoned the dealer this morning to see if I could change the spec slightly. Unfortunately this is now not possible as the order has been confirmed by the factory - told a build date is imminent! lol I've got no hope if you guys haven't heard yet :-(

That funny, as i said i place on order on the 12th April and i change my spec this Monday. I added the Tech pack and delete a few other things. He did tell me that they expect the car be here mid-end of July.

So what does the Tech Pack include? It's not a usual option in the Australian market.

See my quote further up, the one with the link to the .pdf it has the full spec in.

Surely you can change your spec then?:confused:

Nope :-( Now it's confirmed by the factory, I am unable to make any changes! Damn! Not a biggy, just wanted to remove the non smoking pack as I think the lack of ashtray trim makes it look a bit strange!

I have spoken to the dealer today and they have said that the build date is 12th July although he did say that it is likely that it will come forward by 1-2 weeks, this would be a my11 car as that is what it says on the system. He then called someone to find out if it will have the tech pack and the reply was that although it is showing as a my11 car it will be built to my10 spec, he wasn't convinced by what he was told so it has been left with expect it to arrive as a my10 spec and if it has the tech pack etc then that's a bonus!!

I have spoken to the dealer today and they have said that the build date is 12th July although he did say that it is likely that it will come forward by 1-2 weeks, this would be a my11 car as that is what it says on the system. He then called someone to find out if it will have the tech pack and the reply was that although it is showing as a my11 car it will be built to my10 spec, he wasn't convinced by what he was told so it has been left with expect it to arrive as a my10 spec and if it has the tech pack etc then that's a bonus!!

So does that mean you will still get the car with the new design alloys wheels ect....?

What was the actual date you placed your order?

So does that mean you will still get the car with the new design alloys wheels ect....?

What was the actual date you placed your order?

Order was placed 10th April, i haven't ordered the black edition so the only thing that is different on the my11 is the tech pack and slightly different mirrors...

Although if my11 cars are running off the production line surely it is going to cost Audi more to run a my10 spec car through..

Order was placed 10th April, i haven't ordered the black edition so the only thing that is different on the my11 is the tech pack and slightly different mirrors...

Although if my11 cars are running off the production line surely it is going to cost Audi more to run a my10 spec car through..

I placed my order on the 13th April, but i changed specs of my car on Monday so mite be a little more delay in getting a build date.

I personally think you will get a MY11 car with the Tech pack. My saleman as guaranteed me 100% that my car will be MY11 with all the new changes.

Audi's website car configure page finally up-dated with MY11 details changes.

Updated yes, but as usual a few things have also fallen off.... No sign of the tech pack, comfort pack, DVD navigation, AMI, bucket seats.... etc...