SFG or no SFG

on the A3, current grill... looks too front heavy with the open-mouth grill, although it DOES balance the estate, I mean Sportsback model. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I can't make my mind up. I just wish they would make their mind up, it's the one thing that has always annoyed me with cars and facelifts. I like the current one but if I buy the current one which I love and the new SFG comes out I think i'll be gutted in another way. Not that I like the SFG better, it's just that there is a facelift.

Dave

if you're buying the car and are concerned about resell value, wait for the open-mouthed version... otherwise, I'd go down to your local dealer and look! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hmmmmmmm........First of all I need to know when the facelift is due. Still no confirmed date as to when this is due. Many rumours but yes they are rumours, I have been checking the German Forums but hey im not German. I hope if they are making the change this summer they do it in May/June ready for Delivery of cars for mid-July.

David. I love the 3.2Q btw, but my wallett and head says 2.0T. Plus the fact I was looking at http://www.audi.co.uk/downloads/A3_Price_List.pdf

Talking figures here which I know well meen nothing day to day driving. But the 2.0T is only .5 of a second off the 3.2 anyways.

At the moment current design, because I agree with Eeef the single frame grill looks too 'heavy' for a small car. But i'm sure it will grow on me over time.

agree with Slim bloke it makes the front look to heavy, stay the same /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think it does look nice but suits the SportBack better than the 3dr! Just my opinion! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif

Current. Definitely.

You can just tell the rest of the car was designed around that paramount stylistic feature.

The SFG looks great on larger cars (esp lighter colors), and the SPBK to some extent, but on the 3dr, it looks like a grandmother with way too much lipstick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kiss.gif.

Just my .02£

Yep,

Keep seeing an A6 s-line 3.0 TDI in Akoya going about. I'm not a fan of big cars, but this one just looks spot on from all angles and dosen't look like a big car either.