1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

severe lack of power...tdi

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by technics100, Mar 22, 2006.

1. technics100

technics100 Member

[Mar 22, 2006]
    My 130 tdi has started to develope a severe lack of power. It only seems to happen when coming into roundabouts and changing from 5th to 3rd while braking and then going to accelerate and nothing. i mean nothing. it seems to have serious lag of some sort. At first I thought it was someone turbo related but I am now thinking its something to do with the brakes. I don't know if anyone has ever tried let foot braking in a tdi, but it doesn't work. It seems like after braking for a roundabout it keeps the fuel cut off for a while after lifting off the brakes.. anyone had anything similar to this? am going to a mates who has vag-vom tonight, so we will see what happens..
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

[Mar 22, 2006]
    Sound interesting mate, let us know if your mate finds anythin in VagCom.
    I haven't driven my car hard enough to use left foot braking. Mine is also a 130 TDi and I get a funny lag - spurt after I lift off and go back on the accelerator, guess its turbo lag.
    Not used to a TDi you see.
  4. technics100

technics100 Member

[Mar 23, 2006]
    Well checked it out with VAg-com and its the brakes, its started to do it all the time now, seems to be the pedel sticking on. has anyone else had this happen? is it just a sticky pedal or something else?

cheers