Several issues - in at dealer's today

Fatbloke

Reaction score
Hi All

My A3 tdi 150 quattro was in at the dealer's today to have some issues checked.

1) the electronic handbrake has been intermittently sticking on. They "reset" it and so far it has been working ok this evening.

2) the gear selection is very notchy/clunky in 1,2,34 and reverse. They said this is normal. Is it?? What can I do about it??

3) the speed signs on the satnav are sometimes showing the wrong speed limit. They asked for an extension for some connection or something so they would display properly. I need to test this but does that sound correct?

4) the satnav (and Speedo area backlight) were intermittently flickering. I think it was the brightness flickering. They couldn't find any fault so I need to try and video it happening. Is this a common issue?

5) there is sometimes a very faint whine noticeable on a smooth quiet road surface when just keeping the accelerator on enough to keep your speed. It goes away if you lift the throttle. They said it was the haldex unit and it was normal. Is it??

I have noticed that since I got the car back, the satnav displays a 2d map and it doesn't navigate. Is there a setting I need to change to get it to work again?

Cheers

Dave

Hi All

My A3 tdi 150 quattro was in at the dealer's today to have some issues checked.

1) the electronic handbrake has been intermittently sticking on. They "reset" it and so far it has been working ok this evening.

2) the gear selection is very notchy/clunky in 1,2,34 and reverse. They said this is normal. Is it?? What can I do about it??

3) the speed signs on the satnav are sometimes showing the wrong speed limit. They asked for an extension for some connection or something so they would display properly. I need to test this but does that sound correct?

4) the satnav (and Speedo area backlight) were intermittently flickering. I think it was the brightness flickering. They couldn't find any fault so I need to try and video it happening. Is this a common issue?

5) there is sometimes a very faint whine noticeable on a smooth quiet road surface when just keeping the accelerator on enough to keep your speed. It goes away if you lift the throttle. They said it was the haldex unit and it was normal. Is it??

I have noticed that since I got the car back, the satnav displays a 2d map and it doesn't navigate. Is there a setting I need to change to get it to work again?

Cheers

Dave
Hi mate!

1) The electronic handbrake in my A3 (2.0 TDI, 66 plate, 150PS, Sportback) sticks sometimes but the main fault is the fact it has been turning itself off. It’s going into Audi in two weeks for the second time as they couldn’t find an issue (even though I provided video evidence). Before mine went completely wrong, it was sticking more and more so keep an eye out!

3) I’ve noticed the sat nav displays the wrong speeds but there isn’t much I can do about it. I have the SD card based navigation so if any speed limits have changed since the card was made then there’s no way for them to update it. I think I’d need to buy a newer SD card from Audi.

4) A few people on here including myself have flickering MMI screens and dials. Audi haven’t yet looked into this for me but one guy had his whole dashboard replaced as it was caused by a faulty sensor.

Sorry I can’t give information on the other faults (I’ve only had #1, #3 and #4).

Steven :)

Last edited:
#3 if it has a camera it isn’t full proof. It will show wrong speeds. It may miss a sign or miss read it.

It’s not an error or fault. It’s just a system that doesn’t work perfectly.

I’ve had on my Golf R and S3. It’s simply not a full proof feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handbrake stuck again once the other day but ok the rest of the time.

The gear changes are still very notchy.

The dash and mmi screen are still flickering.

I will contact Audi uk when I get a chance to see what they say.

Not impressed so far.