1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seven mile lane!!

speedyp Dec 18, 2003

1. speedyp

speedyp Member

Anyone on here go to work using Seven Mile Lane this morning??

A pre-facelift dark blue S3 reg T1...

We managed to get a mini convoy going !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good to see a nice nod of appreciation as I turned off.
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi RS3

When a friend of mine first got his MGF, other drivers of MGFs always seemed to wave and flash (steady!) at each other like you said "PeterS3" in appreciation!

Do S3 or S/RS drivers do that?

P.S. I pick my car up tomorrow - so I need to know cos I'm driving from AmD (Oxfordshire) back home in sunny Aberdeen and I'm more than likely to see some S/RS Audis on the roads!

3. speedyp

speedyp Member

I've seen 2 others S3's give a little nod, but there is also someone near to where I live who seems oblivious to anything like that!!

I think that as these cars are rare enough to warrant a nod, wave or (ahem!)flash!!

I always do anyway!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

4. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I always wave or flash (Unless i'm sideways). I normally get something back too!

5. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi RS3

It's like being in a secret club! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

6. speedyp

speedyp Member

A secret club of flashers!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

7. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

Ditto, always have to give the acknowledgment of fellow S drivers.

8. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

First rule of S3 club is , you do not talk about S3 club.
    Second rule of S3 club is you D O N O T T A L K A B O U T S 3 CL U B!

hahaha

Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

9. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

I get some people who smile (and occasionally wave) and then other people who just have no idea. I think it's Sod's Law or something that the closer to your house that they live, the more oblivious they are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif There's another S3 *just* around the corner from our house, and they never wave or anything. Tsk!

10. speedyp

speedyp Member

QuickS3 lives almost opposite me, so always get a wave/nod/flash... Both members of the S3 club!!

Seems to vary a bit for others round here though!!??

11. hfu

hfu Member

Every single S3 owner who's seen me, gives me a flash ooer.
    Which is pretty amazing, esp in London, when people usually dont give a damn (look at TT owners... so many about, who cares).

12. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Imola S3 said:
    When a friend of mine first got his MGF, other drivers of MGFs always seemed to wave and flash (steady!) at each other like you said "PeterS3" in appreciation!

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's because they're amazed that 2 MGF's could possibly be reliable enough to both be on the road (as opposed to at the side of the road) at the same time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

13. Hopsta

Hopsta Member

[ QUOTE ]
    PeterS3 said:
    Anyone on here go to work using Seven Mile Lane this morning??

A pre-facelift dark blue S3 reg T1...

We managed to get a mini convoy going !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good to see a nice nod of appreciation as I turned off.
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in that area now and then (parents live in Wrotham) will keep an eye out and give you a flash/nod/thumbs/wave.. oh and try to keep my eyes on the road at the same time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Graham

14. tvr1

tvr1 Member

ill keep an eye out for peter and finger ready............for me modded cruise control /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif