1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servicing

TM Jul 5, 2011

1. TM

TM S-line SB

Hi guys,

Love the forum, especially A3 8P section! Full of great looking cars and picked up loads of tips and a few subtle mods over the months!

Just a quick question I've got my Sportback TDI 140 S-line (MY07) booked in with Stoke Audi this weekend. Got it booked in for a full service. Should I be expecting anything expensive needing replacing? Its just coming up to 70K, I'm aware the cambelt will be due shortly but should be good for another 8-10K. Any ideas of anything else that could be coming up?

Also so.. brake discs and pads replacements needed soon. Any recommendations? And where to purchase, apart from the obvious... stealer!

Thanks in advance.

Tom

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. mrpeng

mrpeng 2.0T Quattro

brake fluid on mine last time £50 with audi they check tyres etc but other than that depends which service your setup for aswell but they dont go out there way to much to find other problems.

cheers

Lee

TM likes this.
  3. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Yeah as above the brake fluid should need doing as it's every two years and yours like mine is now 4 years old. When you get your cam belt done, it's normally a good idea to do the water pump at the same time as it can be got at at the same time...

TM likes this.
  4. TM

TM S-line SB

thanks guys.

any ideas on the discs and pads?

5. Minstadave

Minstadave Member

That depends entirely on how worn they are.

6. TM

TM S-line SB

as stated above mate, just after recommendations for what replacements to go with. pretty sure they'll need replacing soon!

7. mrpeng

mrpeng 2.0T Quattro

disc and pads front and rear £500 at audi

8. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Yeah fitted but not to buy as parts...

9. Minstadave

Minstadave Member

Who makes the OEM parts, Pagid?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011