Servicing the A3 myself ? anyone else do this...

faisal

Reaction score
I've just bought a 98 A3 1.8T sport with 82k on it, its always been fully maintained at the Audi Dealership, I am aplanning an oil change this weekend as it was last done at 77k, so I feel I should do one, but apart from the Oil change I will be doing the regular servicing myself, I know it won't hold its value as much, but I dont intend to sell it in the near future, however I wil use genuine parts so will have Audi reciepts to prove all the work I will carry out....obviously the service lights I can get put out at work as we have the tool for it.....I'm not a mechanic but have always serviced (i.e. oil filter, oil, air filter, sparks) my own cars....any suggestions/thoughts/comments welcome...

i agree with u, always have serviced my car at home, with no problems

it doesnt hold value, but the amount of money people spend on service you will be ok because you can just sell the car cheap, if you no what i mean

yeah your right it makes sense.......thats what I thought...at the end of the day if it was around 3-4 years old on a car that cost around £7-£8k and I was going to sell it, then yes I would, but a basic service at AUdi cost and arm and a leg ....and it will probably be some kid on YTS that will do it and won't even do it properly....!

always serviced mine and done all the work myself, only work i've needed doin was the fault codes cleared after and that only costs £10 for me, not only does it save you loads of cash it helps you with understandanding a car better, i'm only 20 but i've taken apart and put back together a golf gti and rebuilt the engine with a friend for practically peanuts, learned to spray myself aswell so instead of a grands worth of spray job try about £100 max :d and if anyones thinkin the spray job wont be up to scratch my polo for example won car of the show award when i had it a year ago