1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servicing schedules

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by RossR, Jul 28, 2013.

1. RossR

RossR Active Member

[Jul 28, 2013]
    This is a topic that has crept up occasionally but I'm still left confused. Which servicing schedule should I choose?

I'll be doing 15000 miles a year, possibly slightly more. A fair amount of motorway but also some town and rural in the mix. I'm getting a petrol 1.4 COD.

Obviously I'd rather pay for fewer services but I'd also like to avoid going in for one type of service and then another 1 or 2 months later.
  2. hittchy

hittchy Member

[Jul 28, 2013]
    At that mileage go for variable. On fixed, you'll need to visit the dealer every 7 months or 9k.

I also do 15k to 16k a year. My last A4 asked for a service every 19k which came up after 15 months or so. Oil and inspection coincided nicely.
  3. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

[Jul 28, 2013]
    If you value your engine in anyway at all keep on the fixed regime.

Keep oil changes to every 9k and inspection to 18k (air filter etc) for best results. I do 33-35k a year in my A3 so it's in at least 3 times a year for an oil change, bit ott maybe but prevention is better than cure should something go wrong.