1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servicing schedules

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by RossR, Jul 28, 2013.

1. RossR

RossR Active Member

This is a topic that has crept up occasionally but I'm still left confused. Which servicing schedule should I choose?

I'll be doing 15000 miles a year, possibly slightly more. A fair amount of motorway but also some town and rural in the mix. I'm getting a petrol 1.4 COD.

Obviously I'd rather pay for fewer services but I'd also like to avoid going in for one type of service and then another 1 or 2 months later.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hittchy

hittchy Member

At that mileage go for variable. On fixed, you'll need to visit the dealer every 7 months or 9k.

I also do 15k to 16k a year. My last A4 asked for a service every 19k which came up after 15 months or so. Oil and inspection coincided nicely.

4. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

If you value your engine in anyway at all keep on the fixed regime.

Keep oil changes to every 9k and inspection to 18k (air filter etc) for best results. I do 33-35k a year in my A3 so it's in at least 3 times a year for an oil change, bit ott maybe but prevention is better than cure should something go wrong.