1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servicing question - what to do?

Minstadave Oct 6, 2010

1. Minstadave

Minstadave Member

Bought a 2005 A3 2.0TFSI (not a quattro - see my other thread!) with 40k on the clock, was serviced by the dealer before I picked it up (oil/filters).

Now as it's over 40k and 5 years old so I believe it needs the cambelt/water pump and DSG oil changed, which the dealer didn't bother to do.

Now it's at 46k, not sure whether to get a full service done with the works now, leave it all until 50k or just do the DSG oil and leave it alone and do a full service at 50k.

Anyone suggest the best course of action? Any ideas on a rough figure the work needed?

Thanks guys :)

2. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

defos be having your DSG oil changed. otherwise i'm happy with the variable servicing. audi's engineers know better than i do.

3. Minstadave

Minstadave Member

Looking at about £150 for a dsg change aren't I? That's not the end of the world.

4. Minstadave

Minstadave Member

Just wanted to say thank you for the help sub39h, got my DSG oil changed today, was quoted £190 by Derby Audi, but picked it up and they told me it would only cost £170, threw in a wash, polish and vac too :)