1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servicing cost arrgh! UK v Switzerland?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by RacingTeatray, Feb 4, 2005.

1. RacingTeatray

RacingTeatray Freezing in Moscow

[Feb 4, 2005]
    Car's just declared that it will shortly be in need of an AVS-1 service (had haldex etc last time) and so rang local dealership (Docklands Audi) for a quote - £342. Seemed high so I rang Dulwich Audi who quoted £300. Better but thought I'd try Simpsons Audi in Lowestoft which is my mother's local dealer and they quoted £205! WTF!?!?!?

How can there be so much difference??? Problem is am going away skiing (in the car) in two weeks (for two weeks) and probably best get the car serviced before I go rather than trying to get it done at Auto-Mathis Audi in Switzerland, yet I've no time to go all the way to Lowestoft before then!

Really don't fancy the rip-off. Does anyone here know how servicing cost in Switzerland compare with the UK before I confuse some poor soul over there with my abysmal German?

Cheers in advance!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. Garth_S3

Garth_S3 Member

[Feb 9, 2005]
    Don't know about Audi, but I got an Ibiza GTI 16v serviced in Switzerland (Geneva) and it was more than England.
    I was living over there at the time so had no choice.