1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servicing & Cam Belt Question

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Forbzeeee, May 31, 2013.

1. Forbzeeee

Forbzeeee Active Member

Hi and happy friday to you all

My car is due to go in for a service and I wanted to know what should be included. I qualified for free servicing when I bought the car but am struggling to understand my service schedule.

My car has done 58k and was 4 years old this month. It has a stage 1 revo remap. Was last serviced at 49k.

1. What should be included in this service?
    2. Should i get my cam belt done? If yes, how much should this cost as I have read £419 somewhere.
    3. My DIS shows oil change required in 800 miles - Is this an interim service?
    4. What about Haldex oil as this doesn't look like it has been done.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Forbzeeee
  2. SPARTAN91

SPARTAN91 RED FIVE STANDING BY Regional Rep

Cambelts(and water pump) are advised as very 5 years or 75,000mils which ever comes first and Haldex every 40,000mils I think
  3. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

ref below.

4. Forbzeeee

Forbzeeee Active Member

MrLapou,

Thanks for your reply. Regarding your answer to qu1, what does the service book say? I've not got my book with me at the moment

Thanks
  5. mike170

mike170 Member

Free servicing don't include cambelt! Iirc
  6. Forbzeeee

Forbzeeee Active Member

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses so far.

I am aware that the cambelt is chargeable but what I really wanted to know is your opinions on whether or not I should get it done. I have subsequently read that I should get it done at 75k or 5 years, I am at 58k and 4 years and really want opinions as it is not the cheapest job.

It looks like I should get the cam follower done as at the same time, is this correct? Also how often are you all having Haldex oil changed?

Thanks
  7. SPARTAN91

SPARTAN91 RED FIVE STANDING BY Regional Rep

It's also worth having the waterpump changed when the belt is done as it is driven by this belt so while the engine is strip down it's an easy job so it will save an engine strip if the pump fails after the belt has been changed.
  8. JJ.Foulds

JJ.Foulds Well-Known Member

also my cambelt needs doing, it was written on the first cars service the cambelt should be changed at 115k miles! and its now on 120k and to my knowledge not been done yet...
    Is this mental? and audi were wrong?

Local bosch garage quoted me £300 for it to be done. if there a way to tell if the belt is old by looking at it?

JJ.