Service warning on DIS

naz

Reaction score
Anybody now how you reset the service warning on my
2002 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 and my
2004 A4 1.9 TDI 130 sport?

I dunno, mine's always been reset when I've picked it after it's service. I think if you reset it yourself, it get's reset to fixed interval servicing as well. Can't remember how to do it though, but someone on here will.

Welcome to the forum btw.

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody now how you reset the service warning on my
2002 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 and my
2004 A4 1.9 TDI 130 sport?

[/ QUOTE ]

RTFM....................... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ok, sorry, my fault, I started the facetious replies. Lets be nice guys, make the newbie feel welcome, someone on here must be able to help.

I do recommend taking the tdi to the dealer or servicing, but the cab can be taken to an independent garage as it is out of warranty. Keep the service book stamped by reputable garages, it's worth it in the long run.

only joking naz!...
seriously, main dealer servicing doesnt necessarily cost a packet and it keeps the history going helping you when it comes time to sell.
A car with no history or back street receipts is always worth less IMO.

Good luck with it...

If you change your car often then a service history is may be worth it but in my experience it's never been worth it.

I'd only take mine there for major work. Audi give your car a service, stick in long life oil and say come back when the computer tells you! Great, 2 years potentially on the same oil. That's really looking after the car!

I should back up what I'm saying here rather than going off one on.

When I got my A4 from a friend he'd had the stamp etc and the service completed 18 months prior. He was on a longlife service.

I decided to change the Oil, filters etc. When I took the oil filter out it crumbled in my hands. It was more a terrible sight. Totally knackered. Now if Audi had done that last time surely they make flter to cover 2 years!? The pollen filter hadn't ben done looking at the state of it. What other corners had they cut. This may have been a one of those one offs but, for me, doing it yourself it piece of mind that it's done.