SERVICE TIME why o why so soon

B

bainsyboy

hi im on variable service schedule as thought it would be better as i hardly do any miles trouble is that i have only done 7200+ miles in a year and 3 months and car needs its 1st service does this seem right as i thought service on variable was roughly 2 years or when light comes on, so would i be better on scheduled service? any advice would be helpful

I'm on AVS also but i drive alot on the motorway, when i got the car i was told that if you do long journeys the service intervials go up and short journeys go down. But it does seem alittle low, Ask Audi and see what they suggest is better for you doing short journeys.

P.S or does the display say that the service is in another 7200 miles????>

If you read your manual and are mechanically inclined in any way you can do your own service. I change my oil every 5000 with Mobil1 Synth 5w-40. I let the dealer handle the Haldex every 20,000.

hi have spoke to audi and they reckon that due to short journeys my service has come around earlier than expected. Regarding warning light, light came on about 2 wekks ago saying that service was due in 300 miles, not much notice as now just reads service! Thanks for advice i will ask audi if better to change service plan