Service schedule

joinerman

Reaction score
Not had my 05 3.0 quattro for long, in the service book it had a service in march 2013 at 133k, it's now done 139500k, the service info button tells me I have 3100k left and 45 days, does it need a service after 6500k ?
Oh btw i changed the oil and filter the day after i got it , mileage then was 138500k

It depends on whether the car is set to operate on fixed or variable service intervals. It sound as though yours is set on fixed intervals, in which case it will de due either after 12,000 miles or one year, whichever happens first. If it was last serviced (and the service indicator reset) in March last year, that pretty much corresponds with the 45 days.

What exactly is variable service ? Would this be better for my future needs, don't do many miles a year, only done 1k since october but that was because I had an accident ( not car ) I probably do 4.5 to 5k a year

Audi Variable Servicing (AVS) uses a series of sensors to monitor how the car is driven and then computes when it needs a service,with a maximum backstop of 20,000 miles or two years. Personally, I'm not a fan. I do about 9,500 miles a year, and fixed annual services work well for me. If you were on AVS, you could be two years between oil changes. Not my idea of a good plan, but I'm sure there are fans of it out there who will give a different point of view.

Switching between the two modes is something the garage can do at the same time as resetting the service indicator.

Last edited:
I always change the oil and filter at 5k or 12 months whichever comes first on all my vehicles so the variable route may be the way forward for me.