Service resetting

eimajmong

Reaction score
Is it quite easy to reset the flashing service sign that comes up on the dashboard?

If so can someone tell me how to do it as the garage who have just serviced my car didn't bother. Ta

Not according to my manual. On page 63 it tells you the meaning of the 3 service indicator and then goes on "The display is reset by the audi workshop once servicing has been carried out".

Anyone else please?

I know the details have been posted before but I can't find the post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I can also confirm that some manuals do state how to and others don't.

I can't remember if mine does or not - I'll have a check in the morning for you.

Kev.

ok what you do (funnily enough just reset mine today)

Pull out button 2 (ie one nearest drivers door)
Turn ignition On
Release button 2
Press button one to select if you want to clear oil change or inspection service
press button 2 to reset that one
turn ignition off

when you turn ignition on again it should have cleared it.

Thanks Kev, just tried that and for some reason I can't fathom, it ain't working.

Maybe I'm a dumbass but its a '97 A4 tdi quattro. I did what you said about pulling button 2 but it didn't seem to move and from then on nothing made a difference. "In 2" still flashes.

Maybe I should set fire to the car, that would get rid of the service light! :-(

did you make sure the ignition was off first?
have to pull button 2 out then turn ignition on.

it should pull out, infact both of them pull out, when you pull button one out it does a fault check to make sure everything is working ok,

I think this depends on the year of your car

Mine is a 1996 A4 1.8T Sport for example and this procedure does not work

The indicator reverts back to the trip reading after about a minute

Dermot

Dermot, that's exactly what mine does. Kris' point about the fault check is different on my model as you push the left button to get a check and not pull it.

fair enough, i dont know then.
mine is a 1st facelift 1998 model (not the one they did when changed headlights etc... though)

You need to re set it via vag com. .
1996-1998 models require the interval to be set back manually.
Info on the ross tech site if you have the means of a VAG Com cable, and if not, post a request in the vag com forum.

yes in this case you need vag-com cable and software. Is fairly simply to do, mate of mines did it for me.

Thanks, getting it done later this week. Cheers for everyones assistance