Service reset

joinerman

Reaction score
After a service can i reset the service indicator with the buttons on the dashboard ?

05 A4 3.0 Tdi Quattro

The advice above is wrong im afraid, there are a few videos on youtube of how to do this! Just follow the reset advice im pretty sure its the same for all b7's!

I paid a couple quid for a tool off eBay... haven't used it yet though I tend to just leave the service light on and try remember the next one in my head haha.

I got a copy of VCDS off ebay for £55 with the cable, works spot on. Worth having just to be 1 step ahead of the dealers

After a service can i reset the service indicator with the buttons on the dashboard ?

05 A4 3.0 Tdi Quattro
Should be able ive just recently serviced mine and managed to reset it without any software or coding, using the buttons on the dash.

1. With the car turned OFF, press and hold the SERVICE (Spanner) button as you turn the ignition to the ON position (do not start engine).
  2. While still holding the SERVICE button, press the RESET (0, 0) button.
  3. Your service interval indicator will now reset.

Reactions: Audi33
Page 16 in the owners manual, look at section stated " RESET BUTTON" then it states "resetting service interval display" .