1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

service reset tool

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by howdy quattro, Nov 25, 2008.

1. howdy quattro

howdy quattro Member

[Nov 25, 2008]
    hi lads, its come time for me to service my b6 a4, and i was just about to look on ebay to buy a reset tool to do the job, and a friend of mine wants their b5 servicing and resetting too, are the ports the same or will i need 2 seperate tools? i dont know anything about audi diagnostics but i work on mercedes trucks and i know that older trucks and vans have different diagnostic ports to the newer ones. so any help would be much appreciated!!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. bearthebruce

bearthebruce Ross-Tech, LLC

[Nov 25, 2008]
    The B5 and the B6 both have the 16 pin DLC required to meet the OBD-II specs. You should be able to use the same tool for both.
  4. howdy quattro

howdy quattro Member

[Nov 28, 2008]
    brilliant, thanks alot mate, was wonderin what that obd-2 thing was all about!!
  5. Sebastian

Sebastian Member

[Nov 30, 2008]
    Of course that requires the tool in question actually supporting both models, the design of the port isn't much of a problem usually. FWIW, VCDS does support resetting both of course - in case of the 8E it also supports flexible service intervals while many hand held scanners do not.