1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

service reset anyone?

rich1973 Aug 30, 2010

1. rich1973

rich1973 New Member

Hi, I have 3l tdi 204bhp, when i picked it up a few weeks ago it was showing service in the dis, it wasnt reset after last service about a month ago.

followed the service reset in the hand book, but it has just reset it back to 0.0 miles, 0.0 days to next service.

is there something else i should be doing at the same time to show for a long life service?

also, the dis only shows info for no 2 when i toggle through on the end of the stick, tried resetting also but stays on 2, nothing for 1, if you know what i mean?

many thanks,

Richard

:unsure::wacko::p:yes::sos: :ninja:

2. MurdoD

MurdoD New Member

Not sure what the manual says, but try this:

Ignition off.
    Press and Hold the service button (spanner) whilst turning ignition on.
    Keep this pressed down whilst pressing the reset button (0,0) - You MUST do this step within 5 seconds or it will come out of reset mode.
    Ignition off.

Job done?

3. RMH1A4cab

RMH1A4cab I'm in Cruise control

I'm going to try this to as mine was not reset at last service some 2000 miles ago, dis says its due again in 600 miles.

4. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

It stays at 0 or blank till you have driven approx 300 miles then it will show miles till next service.