1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Requirement. Help

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by cominatcha, Jan 6, 2013.

1. cominatcha

cominatcha gonna getcha

Booking the car in for service, Lost my service book in the house somewhere. Just wondering what is the service for a 2004 a4 1.8 turbo? What parts will be replaced? Any ideas or look in a service book to let me know! :redrs4: Cheers Neil.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jp-tqs

Jp-tqs Member

Dont know what previous work you've had done but if you're booking in for a service id get.... Fully synthetic oil and filter replaced (make sure its fully synthetic) air filter and spark plugs. That will do for starters but you can throw in fuel and pollen filter too if you're feeling flush!

4. stu_m

stu_m Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

as above but has the cam belt been done?

5. Slinepete

Slinepete Member

Mine is a 1.8t on 74k when it gets to 76 it's havin all filters oil and timing belt and water pump done been quoted £450 last service was only at 70k but wanna get this one out the way for piece of mind the belts been done

6. Jp-tqs

Jp-tqs Member

Yeah, cambelts the biggie. Once thats done just need to keep on top of the oil changes, the rest can be done at you're convenience

7. T0m

T0m Active Member

Fella Audi do a minor service (oil and filter) and a major (oil/filter, Air/Pollen filters and spark plugs) they alternate these two then Id have the cambelt done along with the pully and tensioners and water pump if you can at the same time at 60/70k or 5 miles which ever comes first.

If you can do the service yourself you will save a good chunk of money!