1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service\Repair Manual

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by QuattroSheikh, Oct 28, 2012.

1. QuattroSheikh

QuattroSheikh New Member

[Oct 28, 2012]
    Hi All,

This is my first post (excluding my lengthy intro!) so apologies for any naivety and if this has been asked already (I did do a search).

I was looking for a Haynes Manual as they were very useful for my Ford Focus Mk1 and Golf GTi mkII. There's nothing for the b8 available.

Is there an equivalent produced by another company?

Thanks,
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. Daggerit

Daggerit Active Member

[Oct 29, 2012]
    I've never seen anything for them, I think that you'd struggle to find it for a new car like the B8's because everything is controlled through the central computer and you need VCDS to access it.

In terms of mechanical repairs they really don't make it easy to do yourself. Not saying it can't be done, just that in my experience almost everything seems to be over engineered and often to do the most simple of fixes you have to drop the engine out or something silly like that. :)

If I come across something like that I'll post it up but I'm not sure there will be one out there I'm afraid.
  4. Spr0cket

Spr0cket Member

[Oct 29, 2012]
    If you want a licensed option, then Bentley publsihers probably offer a repair manaul - typically not cheap though.

Unofficial and unsupported option would be Elsawin via a popular auction site or similar.
  5. Keef

Keef Active Member

[Oct 29, 2012]
  6. QuattroSheikh

QuattroSheikh New Member

[Oct 29, 2012]
    Thanks all for the replies

Wow - Agree it's not quite Haynes but who can complain for something that's free??? Thanks for posting that - have also passed that on to my brother for his TT!
  7. Keef

Keef Active Member

[Oct 29, 2012]
    No worries - can't take credit found it on A5oc forum.