Service\Repair Manual

QuattroSheikh

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post (excluding my lengthy intro!) so apologies for any naivety and if this has been asked already (I did do a search).

I was looking for a Haynes Manual as they were very useful for my Ford Focus Mk1 and Golf GTi mkII. There's nothing for the b8 available.

Is there an equivalent produced by another company?

Thanks,

Hi All,

This is my first post (excluding my lengthy intro!) so apologies for any naivety and if this has been asked already (I did do a search).

I was looking for a Haynes Manual as they were very useful for my Ford Focus Mk1 and Golf GTi mkII. There's nothing for the b8 available.

Is there an equivalent produced by another company?

Thanks,

I've never seen anything for them, I think that you'd struggle to find it for a new car like the B8's because everything is controlled through the central computer and you need VCDS to access it.

In terms of mechanical repairs they really don't make it easy to do yourself. Not saying it can't be done, just that in my experience almost everything seems to be over engineered and often to do the most simple of fixes you have to drop the engine out or something silly like that. :)

If I come across something like that I'll post it up but I'm not sure there will be one out there I'm afraid.

If you want a licensed option, then Bentley publsihers probably offer a repair manaul - typically not cheap though.

Unofficial and unsupported option would be Elsawin via a popular auction site or similar.

Thanks all for the replies

Wow - Agree it's not quite Haynes but who can complain for something that's free??? Thanks for posting that - have also passed that on to my brother for his TT!

No worries - can't take credit found it on A5oc forum.