Service Parts....

Wozski

Reaction score
Been looking at doing a service on my car (a3 2005bkd)

Air filter
Fuel Filter
Oil Filter
Pollen Filter
5W40 Oil Castrol (4 litres)
£82

Is this price ok?
have i missed anything?

Try phoning TPS as they deal with OEM part's. I had 5 ltrs of Oil, Pollen Filter, Oil filter, Air filter, Coolant and 3ltr's of gearbox oil for £109 all Audi Part's bargin.

Im not really sure what oil to use on my car ( was hoping someone on here would help me )
TPS - i rang them and said they dont sell to the public??
Might go to gsf
How do i change the oil in my gear box?
what oil is needed etc
thanks

Warren is your car petrol or diesel

stick to the 5w-30 for the diesel mate, Castrol edge is what i use

Im not really sure what oil to use on my car ( was hoping someone on here would help me )
TPS - i rang them and said they dont sell to the public??
Might go to gsf
How do i change the oil in my gear box?
what oil is needed etc
thanks

You shouldn't need to change the gearbox oil, as far as I am aware the oil is good for the life of the car pretty much. Would probably be an idea to change it every 100,000k, if you really had to.

If you have DSG then every 40,000 mls for oil and filter change..

How would a Joe Bloggs like myself go about getting parts from TPS? as above, they're trade dealers so wouldn't deal to a non-commercial customer.

please help.

do you know anyone who has a trade card at Halfords?

you usually get around a tenner off with the oil and if you use halfords branded filters you'll get around 70% off the price with a trade card.

you'll need a sump plug crush washer as well.

I usually get the oil from Halfords and then the rest of the stuff i get from Audi / Honda as i like to use genuine parts as i usually get around 15% discount there.

The other place which will do stuff for cheaper is GSF or Eurocarparts.

as for the box oil you don't need to change that really, its a sealed unit but the oil can be changed, i'll be doing mine at 80k miles.

Is yours a Quattro? if so then you'll need the haldex oil changing every 40k miles along with the filter.

With ECP I'll only save about a tenner worth on parts instead using my garage supplied parts.

Who is GSF?

I don't know anyone who works in Halfords..

though with TSP I reckon I'll save about £33 if I get the parts from there..

i notice that your car is a Quattro in which case you'll need to change the Haldex oil every 40k miles.

yeah that needs done, though not really at the top of my priority list atm!

Does anyone have the haldex tool that they'd be willing to lend me with a deposit in exchange? I could just buy one but I don't really want it lying around to be probably used twice!

where's best to get the oil and filter from?

I've forgotten the price of it.. £28 springs to mind but that could be for something else..

I've forgotten the price of it.. £28 springs to mind but that could be for something else..

To answer my own Q, its £19.35 for the filter and £28.06 for the Oil at Hawco VW, Peterhead (Total = £47.41). I knew £28 was in there somewhere!

Now just need a loan of a tool ..

Just been quoted some prices
oil filter - 3.61
Pollen filter - 5.33
Air Filter - 8.60
Fuel filter - 14.00
Sump plug - 0.84
Quantum Long Life 3 Engine Oil - 5 Litres 5w-30 - 25.00
Prices exl vat
Total inc vat - 67.42

Is this oil any good?

abit of a thread hi jack but
5w 30 is a longlife oil correct?
but how does this differ to the 5w40?

What is actually the difference between the so called longlife and the normal oil?
Does it have to be changed less or?

Still.. has anyone got any suggestions as to how I can obtain parts from TPS without being a trade member myself??

Anyone here able to get them for me?