Service Nightmare

stevehall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well, My 90k service on my Audi has been a total nightmare!

It was booked in a few weeks ago, but due to the DVLA having my driving licence to add extra entitlement onto it I could not have a courtesy car, so it got knocked back, by a few weeks.

I dropped off my car on Wednesday night on the way home, and I was due to pick it up Thursday night, but due to working away and being stuck in traffic I managed to get them to hold onto it another night I and I would pick it up on Friday morning.

They called me on Thursday with a list of faults, one being a faulty driver’s side window regulator – I told them to hold off on all the work as I did not want to pay Audi labour for these jobs.

Went to pick my car up this morning, met my service advisor who talked me through the faults, and a new fault had arrived – my multitronic oil change was overdue, paid for the service and walked back to my car to set off to work, only to find that they had not washed it and also left my window down all night in the rain!!

Walked back into the dealer and complained, they said that the window must have dropped in the night (yeah right) and that they had not washed it as the window was broken. After much falling out they sent me back on my way in the courtesy car and then agreed to fully valet my car, and replace the window regulator at cost, and I requested to have the gear box oil changed as I don’t want the box to fail.

Just had another call saying that the oil in my box is for life, and they cannot drain and service it, after i kicked off over the phone asking why i this was not part of a service or even mentioned to me as i would of had this done!

How can an Audi Main Dealer a) leave a car window open all night with nothing protecting my car from the rain and b) report that work is overdue, and then when I request it say that it’s not required on my car.

Not sure what to say. Sometimes these cars have been known to open their own windows and sunroofs, but normally the customer would have experienced it before hand.
The regulator problem could have jammed it when the window was wound up and the tech didn't notice as the safety system then kicked in winding the window back down.

(I know there is not much point to this, just a rant really - Perhaps it should get moved into that section?)

Although it could be possible, but I have had a faulty regulator for about a month now and it’s never dropped its self down.

And that they say it had not been washed as the window was down?

And how can they report that my gearbox oil change is overdue and then say actually it’s not required? How can I trust the rest of their service or reports?

I always use main dealers for service as they should know what they are doing?

Last edited:
TBH ref the window, the guy should of checked all doors & windows were shut before actually walking of, no technician can be that thick or was it one afterall, never know a window to roll down whilst parked, when locked & rolling up yes but not on its own whilst already parked up & locked up as after a while the window car systems remove any power to the modules/motors anyway, strange.

Got it back on Saturday...

Even tho i called and spoke to the service manager and asked for my car to be cleaned inside, guess what? They have not cleaned inside! The Dash, Drivers door card full of water marks! I was going to go back in on Saturday but was with the girlfriend who wanted to get shopping, i had already wasted a few hours of my Saturday!

Also keep getting condensation on the windows on these cold mornings!

All this from a main dealer!

Mate, i dont know why people are surprised by this level of service from a main dealer. Its not often you hear good reports, mainly people paying a fortune for crap service. You have to remember that probably the majority of their work is fleet/company cars now, so its a faceless customer they dont have to worry about.
I do all my own servicing now, any money i lose from not having a stamp in the book is nothing compared to the money i would waste at a main dealer. I change EVERY filter and use better oil than they do for about a 1/4 of the price, simple.

:meeting: