Service light schedule.

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
I recently serviced the A4 and reset the service light with my friends launch diagnostic tool, the mileage reset and is showing 7600 miles to next service but the days are only showing as 26 to the next service.
My question is, is there anyway to change the days part of the read out as the service light will come back on in a month.

Have a quick look in the manual, it explains how to reset the service indicator by using the service button (the spanner symbol), and turning the ignition on and off.
Maybe its worth trying it that way, when mine is reset it displays ---- for a few miles, then counts down in miles / days.
Unless you have variable servicing on yours... not sure how that works..

ok with key off hold down the spaner button then as you turn the key on still holding the spaner push the 00000 button this will reset it all

The trouble with resetting it halfway down the countdown is that the car will think it's been serviced when it hasn't, so you'll need to remember to service it x miles early.

Right, my service mileage has finally shown up after 200 miles of driving but the mileage is showing 9600 miles to service but only 67 days until next service. Now I can't see me getting 9600 miles in the the next 67 days, so the service light will come on again in 67days. This is now doing my head in. Anyone got any ideas on how to reset the days only?