1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service light reset tool

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by noddy tt, Mar 25, 2008.

1. noddy tt

noddy tt Reidy

[Mar 25, 2008]
    Hi, i was just wondering if anyone had used a draper 69008 service light reset tool? As i do mostly all my own maintenance work i thought it would be a good idea to use this tool to rest the service light as i once paid 35 quid for someone to just turn it off.

cheers :think:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

[Mar 25, 2008]
    I had a similar tool from Eurocarparts for my 95 A4, but it doesnt work on the newer Audi's. I now have VAGCOM which you can reset the service indicators and much much more, well worth the money if you work on your own cars.
  4. noddy tt

noddy tt Reidy

[Mar 25, 2008]
    Cheers for the reply Steve, only thing is that i don't have a laptop to hook up to so i thought i would try that as its for my 1999 A3 and hopefully will also work on my 2001 TT.
    Here's hoping. its only 40 quid so ill take a chance.
  5. moschino

moschino Member

[Mar 27, 2008]
    noddy tt,
    As your car was made after 1997 you should be able to reset the service light by using teh buttons on the dash. No need to purchase a reset tool.
    Search the forum, I have posted the info a few times as well as others.
    I believe it was a legal requirement for all cars made after 1997 to allow the owners the ability to reset the light without having to go to the main dealers.
    Jim.