1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Light Re-set

peterk May 7, 2014

1. peterk

peterk New Member

Hi, I've recently bought a 2007 A3, it has a fresh service on it, but it still says "Service Due!" every time I start it up, I've tried to reset it how it says in the book, but this only seems to reset the the oil change interval, from what I've read it needs to be connected into a VAG COM system? Is this correct? Would something like this be able to reset it: VAG Cable OBD2 Diagnostic Interface Tool Scanner | eBay

Thanks, Peter.

2. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

if you cant reset fully with the book guide
    find someone with vcds

3. peterk

peterk New Member

I live on an Island of the west coast of Scotland, part of the Western Isles, we are quite isolated out here so unfortunately I don't think finding someone with specific Audi software is an option :(

4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Black Edition Team Brill Red

Maybe purchase a vagcom/vcds cable from sponsor NHN

5. peterk

peterk New Member

Sorry to ask daft questions but what is sponsor NHN, and do you have a link to purchase the cable online? Thanks very much for your help, its much appreciated! Peter.

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

That be me, thanks Jase :)

I can supply/deliver the genuine vcds system, ping me a PM & I'll provide a price no problem.

7. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

Welcome to the forum, Peterk. You sure do live in a beautiful part of the world, even if it's impossible to get anything delivered!

If you do decide to buy your own VCDS, NHN is definitely your man.

NHN likes this.
  8. peterk

peterk New Member

Thanks for all your input, it certainly is beautiful up here but it has its downsides! Haha

9. F16 syd

F16 syd New Member

Hi every one I was wondering if anyone has any codes for a sline retrofit stearing wheel code and for air bags replaced and there's a light on dash plz if anyone can help or how sort them problems thanks syd