1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

service light and centre exhaust box

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by stub, Sep 19, 2009.

1. stub

stub the matrix is comin

[Sep 19, 2009]
    my service light (in 2) has come up but i serviced the car last month. what i'd like to know is if i left it on will it stop the car runnin after a while or will it stay flashing till i sort it out.

plus i'm thinking of putting in a straight pipe instead of having the middle box. what i'd like to know is what sort of sound and level would come out of the zorst.

cheers for all your helps:kissmyrings:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. Markey

Markey Active Member

[Sep 19, 2009]
    The service light wont stop the car from running it is there only as a warning.
  4. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

[Sep 19, 2009]
    Had my centre removed and have a custom back box on there as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKqPCIOjl84

Make sure they put a brace on to pick up the centre silencers mount or the system will twist on the flexi and ruin it. Which is a sore point as I told the place that done mine to put the brace in and they didn't so I had to shell out £100 to get it rectified :(
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  5. s4marsh

s4marsh Member

[Sep 19, 2009]
    just one thing????? i thought it was the max power crew that called them "ZORST" is this s4 stolen????
  6. stub

stub the matrix is comin

[Sep 21, 2009]
    what you mean ? is this s4 stolen.
    oranoco could sound rather nice then. i still want my standed pipes as it keep that whats under the hood thing going
  7. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Sep 21, 2009]
    Oranoco, how much of that noise do you recon was the centre box and how much was the bespoke silencer?
  8. Oranoco

[Sep 21, 2009]
    I'm fairly sure most of the noise is down to the centre silencer as when we fitted the backbox we ran it up with no rear silencer in place to see how loud it was and.... it wasn't loud at all. In fact you couldn't tell the car had no rear box. I'm sure now the centre has been removed the back box is doing something but really not sure how much
  9. SonicDeathmonkey

SonicDeathmonkey Member

[Sep 21, 2009]
    What he is trying to say is that "ZORST" is not typical Audi owner language. Hence, he asked have you stolen the car!

I found it funny.
  10. stub

stub the matrix is comin

[Sep 21, 2009]
    oh rite. my spelling isn't much to talk about. lol lol
    so you recon the centre box is worth taking out. as long as its not to loud i can cope with it.
  11. Geeman

Geeman Low Life

[Sep 22, 2009]
    Marsh, it's not an S4 anyway... (looking at his sig pic)... but you're right... 'zorst' is a less-than-well-known way of describing it on this upper-class forum! At least it wasn't spelled 'zaust' or something in a vain attempt to utilise the existing letters of the actual full word... God forbid! :undwech:

Anyway...

I had the centre box deleted on my 1.8T the other week, and I was expecting it to be really loud... but it's not that much louder than standard to be honest... which is good I guess. But Oranoco is right, you need a third mount point fabricating up otherwise it WILL twist. I had the extra mount made up on the rear-centre cross support to combat this.
  12. stub

stub the matrix is comin

[Sep 23, 2009]
    when i spoke to the people at longlife they said it wouldn't sound rite plus it would be to load. i think i'd go with you lot on here. you seam to know more when it comes to our cars.
    is £95 to do the job bout rite or are they try to shaft me. to be honest they only have to cut bout 12" part job done. or is there a plus that they are premade.
  13. Oranoco

[Sep 23, 2009]
    I paid £40 to have mine done at my local PowerFlow centre. But then had to pay another £100 to rectify their work :(