1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

service intervals

tp7n Jul 25, 2003

1. tp7n

tp7n New Member

last week i took delivery of an imported 1.8t sport (from cyprus) it was brand new and an absolute bargain.
    the indicator on delivery said i had 15000 kms until 1st service, i checked again today and it was showing 2800 kms until service.
    i have only clocked 800 kms and they were done on long motorway journeys at not much more than the speed limit.
    do i take this indicator as gospel or do i go for the full 15000 kms until the service.

a pretty confused
    tp&n

2. mramage

mramage Member

Hi. The service indicator is worked out dynamically depending on how the car is driven. Unless you want to change the oil early, wait until it's down to a few hundred kms and book it in.

When I first got mine it was all over the place until the car was used a bit.

3. tp7n

tp7n New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Mark R said:

Hi. The service indicator is worked out dynamically depending on how the car is driven.

[/ QUOTE ]
    so has the loggin software got me down as driving the vehicle hard? i was trying to follow the recomended running in procedure.
    in fact i am sure i was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

tp&n

4. tp7n

tp7n New Member

hmmmmmm
    yesterday i done about 30 kms and the indicator has dropped to 1600 kms to next (first) service.
    would you think that something is faulty with the car/diagnostics.

tp&n

5. ianmack

ianmack Member

The service indicator is pretty up and down depending on your driving style. I have had the indicator varied +/- 10000m
    It should settle after a month's run in.

Ian