1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

service intervals

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by tp7n, Jul 25, 2003.

1. tp7n

tp7n New Member

[Jul 25, 2003]

last week i took delivery of an imported 1.8t sport (from cyprus) it was brand new and an absolute bargain.
    the indicator on delivery said i had 15000 kms until 1st service, i checked again today and it was showing 2800 kms until service.
    i have only clocked 800 kms and they were done on long motorway journeys at not much more than the speed limit.
    do i take this indicator as gospel or do i go for the full 15000 kms until the service.

a pretty confused
    tp&n
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. mramage

mramage Member

[Jul 25, 2003]

Hi. The service indicator is worked out dynamically depending on how the car is driven. Unless you want to change the oil early, wait until it's down to a few hundred kms and book it in.

When I first got mine it was all over the place until the car was used a bit.
  4. tp7n

tp7n New Member

[Jul 25, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Mark R said:

Hi. The service indicator is worked out dynamically depending on how the car is driven.

[/ QUOTE ]
    so has the loggin software got me down as driving the vehicle hard? i was trying to follow the recomended running in procedure.
    in fact i am sure i was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

tp&n
  5. tp7n

tp7n New Member

[Jul 27, 2003]

hmmmmmm
    yesterday i done about 30 kms and the indicator has dropped to 1600 kms to next (first) service.
    would you think that something is faulty with the car/diagnostics.

tp&n
  6. ianmack

ianmack Member

[Jul 27, 2003]
    The service indicator is pretty up and down depending on your driving style. I have had the indicator varied +/- 10000m
    It should settle after a month's run in.

Ian