1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service interval reset after ECU code reset

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by mikedavey, Nov 26, 2010.

1. mikedavey

mikedavey New Member

Hi guys,

I've had my car (a4 b6 1.9TDI 130 sport) serviced today by a local garage, the mechanic (a mate of mine) has gone to reset the DIS service interval timer with an ECU fault code finder and has reset the entire thing. When I now press the service spanner, all that comes up is Miles --- Days --- (no numbers).:wacko:
    I have since read the car manual and tried to manually reset how it says in there to no avail. Can anyone help?
    I don't want to have to take it back to the garage as my mate did the work for free so could get him into a bit of trouble if I start complaining to his management

Cheers

Mike
  2. deanski

deanski wax on, wax off

mine did this after a service reset. it displayed the correct numbers and days after a few days.
  3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Agreed, it's not a problem. I think the car does about 500 miles or so before it resets itself and will start counting down again.
  4. Higgsy

Higgsy Hard To Spin

not to worry, mine did it after 3-4 days