Service interval indicator?

Pontio

Reaction score
Does any1 know how to reset this light as i have doen all the service bits plus a bit more but dont know if it is possible to reset it through the cluster like the cars i usually work on or if its a dealer job..
Thanks in advance for any help.

It tells you how to do this in your manual. Have a look...

1) Switch off ignition.

2) Press the right-hand button and hold while switching on the ignition. The display should now read "SERVICE!".

3) Turn the left-hand button in an anti-clockwise direction until the word "SERVICE!" is cleared from the display.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Can you? I know you can on the A4, never knew I could on the A3, I never saw it in the manual /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kev.

Its on page 66 of my manual under "service indicator" in the controls and equipment section.

May be a different page depending on the version of your manual.

It'll be in there somewhere tho.

I've not got the car or the manual anymore, the Ex Missus has /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'll be sure to pass on the the info though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kev.

The instruction I posted above are out of the supplement to the owners manual. I've just notcied the instructions in the actual manual are slightly different and as follows:

1) Switch off ignition.

2) Press the right-hand button and switch on the ignition while keeping the button pressed. The display should now read "service OIL".

3) Pull out the left-hand button and keep pulled out until the letters "service OIL" are cleared in the display. The display will now show "service - - -".

4) Press the right-hand button again to call up the service indicator display "service INSP" and clear it in the same way by pulling out the left-hand button.

thatnks for all the replies guys, my manual says hold right button down, turn ignition on and the hold left button down. nothing is happening though. how many miles should it show till next service is due once i have worked this out?

I went to audi's the other day and the changed it from avs to fixed servicing and it reads 9300 miles till service now.. after all my attempts to reset it it still says that..

[ QUOTE ]
thatnks for all the replies guys, my manual says hold right button down, turn ignition on and the hold left button down. nothing is happening though. how many miles should it show till next service is due once i have worked this out?

I went to audi's the other day and the changed it from avs to fixed servicing and it reads 9300 miles till service now.. after all my attempts to reset it it still says that..

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like it is already reset then. Mine displayed 9300 miles for a while after it was reset. After a few hundred miles (not sure exactly how many and could have even been near a thousand) it sorted itself out and started to count down.