Service indicator

cyberdude

Reaction score
Website
www.sunseaker.co.uk
How accurate is the service indicator and what makes it 'guesstimate' how many miles to the next service.

Last week mine was showing 1300 miles till next service. I travelled 200 miles and suddenly it's showing 500 miles to next service. The 200 miles I did were mostly motorway miles at 80mph and some light footed town driving (but long enough for everything to warm up properly). How can 200 miles of driving wipe 800 miles off my service interval?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I can't say mine does that, but I tend to just ignore it and keep to a regular maintenance schedule. Just go by your odometer and do any regular service / oil changes at the suggested intervals or when you think is necessary.

[ QUOTE ]
jonathanA4 said:
I can't say mine does that, but I tend to just ignore it and keep to a regular maintenance schedule. Just go by your odometer and do any regular service / oil changes at the suggested intervals or when you think is necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutly... don't count on your service indicator, for some odd reasons it seems to skip a few miles here and there! So just keep your schedual following the milage on your odometer