1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

service indicator.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by oldlaw, Jan 24, 2007.

1. oldlaw

oldlaw Member

Recently had the car serviced. Should the service indicator say miles_ _ _
    days_ _ _ . Is this correct?
  2. timps

timps Shakersville

Yes for the first few hundred miles while it works out your driving habits, IIRC it was about 500 on mine.
  3. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

Another quick question on this - on new cars, do the cars come set up for long life, or standard service????
    (never had a car from 'brand new' before)
  4. alanjonesbath

alanjonesbath VAGOwners.co.uk

It depends what you ask for. My dealer said they always set them to long life servicing. Then, if the first service comes up quicker than it would have on fixed interval servicing, they'll switch you back to that. I'd imagine most dealers would probably do the same.
  5. ahaydock

ahaydock Member

Should be long life unless you ask otherwise, and your miles will sort themselves out after a while.
  6. oldlaw

oldlaw Member

Thanks for the info guys.
  7. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

off topic but long life is bullshit - I have long life services and they last 10k and guess what the fixed service interval is... good for some not for others. It means I have to pay for the dogs bits in Oil when I dont need it, nor do I get a discount if I go fixed.
  8. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

Not to keen on long life either.
    My dad had his A4 from new, with long life only had 2 services, and by the time the 3rd came along, warrenty expired, and needed bits sorting. At least with a 12 month service, you can squeeze a service in before the warranty ends, and get jobs sorted.!
    Think about it, with long life, your 3rd service is after tehe warranty,therefore costing the owner hard earned readies!
    How much do Audi get out of that????