1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Indicator

PhilMill63 Jan 10, 2012

1. PhilMill63

PhilMill63 Member

Hi all, I just had a minor service done by a local guy (he does the wife's cars) but the service indicator is now blank, it just shows three dashes instead of any numbers. I took it back this morning and he tried to re-set it using the "button method" and he plugged in a diagnostic machine and tried to re-set it on there too, neither worked. It was working before as it was telling me i needed the service.

Any ideas??

Thanks
    Phil

2. Oddie

Oddie Member

Hi Phil

You have to drive the car for a few hundred miles before the service indicator will reset with the new mileage before next service. I think mine took about 300 miles last time before the dashes dissappeared

3. PhilMill63

PhilMill63 Member

Ah, that'll be why then.... Thanks, I will stop calling the guy an idiot then :shutup2:

Phil

4. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Active Member

Mine takes about 50-100

5. Richardesty

Richardesty loves quattro

Is it true that this is the period that the car monitors your driving style and sets the variable service period accordingly?

6. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Active Member

Apparently so

7. PhilMill63

PhilMill63 Member

Sorry to bump this back up, I have now done 320 miles, combines motorway miles and a good fast run back through some country roads, anyway I looked at the service indicator this morning and its still blank! could it really take this long to sort its self out??

Phil

8. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

Yep, 300+ miles, don't worry just yet.