1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service indicator reset fault?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by AndymacA4, Apr 19, 2009.

1. AndymacA4

AndymacA4 Member

My car went to the garage to be serviced last Thursday, I got it back Friday all done, The service display shows ----- dashes instead of a number of days or miles to service. I looked in the manual and followed the instructions for a manual reset of service display. Still only showing dashes. There are no stored fault codes, so any ideas what is going on?

Ta

Andy

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Xmay4444

Xmay4444 On Point!!

If I remember corectly, it will take a few days or few hundred miles for the car to decide, (based on how you drive), when you are next due a servive. Be patient, it will come to you.

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Yes he is spot on, takes about 500 miles from memory. Worried me the first time too!

5. danbaylis

danbaylis New Member

Deffo the case - I had the same concern, the garage told me it would take a while, after 300 miles mine still hadn't reset so I called the garage and on 301 miles it came up just to make me look silly - grrr

:thumbsup:

6. Corb2000

Corb2000 Million miler

Just be glad it's blank, numbers just remind you that the cost of another service is getting closer all the time....

7. LeeT

LeeT Member

yep, service manual says 500km so roughly 300 miles as has already been mentioned