1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service indicator on dash

NOZ Jul 10, 2013

1. NOZ

NOZ Member

Hi
    I put the car in for a service yesterday and when i collected it they had reset the service interval indicator which now reads

service due in --------- before it had a count down ie service due in 256 days or x amount of miles now it just reads
    service due in --------- do i have to reset this count down day and mileage indicator or will the engine management calculate this and correct it ?

if so how do you go about this :uhm:

regards Noz

2. Kani Man

Kani Man New Member

It will reset itself after a couple of kms..check after about 20 or 30 kms..it does reset

QUOTE=NOZ;1919985]Hi
    I put the car in for a service yesterday and when i collected it they had reset the service interval indicator which now reads

service due in --------- before it had a count down ie service due in 256 days or x amount of miles now it just reads
    service due in --------- do i have to reset this count down day and mileage indicator or will the engine management calculate this and correct it ?

if so how do you go about this :uhm:

regards Noz[/QUOTE]

scotty76 likes this.
  3. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

As above. It will reappear after a little while. Mine's just back and I had the service on 28th June.

4. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

can take upto 500 mile so dont worry

5. brownie 25

brownie 25 Member

Can this be reset in the car or do
    need vcds

6. Paul B7

Paul B7 Active Member

Agreed and mine seems to take about 300miles to reset itself.

7. sewell10

sewell10 Member

It's normal fella looks at the driving standards

8. NOZ

NOZ Member

thanks for your help it still hasn't reset yet but its not a worry will just let it do its thing lol