1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service above 81K

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Reedswood, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Reedswood

Reedswood Guest

just bought my car with 97k on the clock, and the only recorded service it has is the last one @ 81k which includes the cambelt & water pump...(got it from a dealer!)

How often do services have to be done between 81 and 97k, and what is essential?
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. kirsty76

kirsty76 Member

Aug 15, 2010
    the car should tell you how many miles/days it has left till its next service or how many miles/days it is over the service.
  4. Reedswood

Reedswood Guest

yes, but it's done 16000 miles in just over a year and there's no record of a service since the 81k service, so the previous owner could have reset the counter without actually servicing it, so I wanted to know as it's done 16000 should it have had a service/s during this time and what essentials would have to been replaced?
  5. Ads

Ads License to drive

Jul 15, 2009
    With no record of a service being done for 16k/1year I would just get a full service carried out for peace of mind. It won't harm anything, apart from your wallet.

Cambelt and waterpump are not necessary for another 3-4 years or 40-50k.
  6. Reedswood

Reedswood Guest

I agree wholly with that, but should there have been a service indicated during this period?
  7. chrissy1502002

Nov 26, 2009
    it all depends if its on fixed or variable servicing. If fixed then yes as its 1 year or 10,000 miles which ever comes sooner, and variable is upto two years and upto 19,000 miles and the car will calculate if its due by age or milage
  8. Reedswood

Reedswood Guest

how do you know if it's indeed Fixed or Variable, please?
  9. Jonay

Jonay Member

May 31, 2010
    on the DIS, open the menu that says "check" it will have Service or Chassis No, open the Service and it will say how many miles till next service or days.