September 1st 2007 Delivery

XPOWER said:
With the window being closed I can’t notice excess engine noise apart from when I start it up when does make a bit of a clatter.

With the window open I can hear the turbo making a nice whistling noise which I can’t hear with them closed.

Glad i don't have the soundproofing then as I can hear my turbo really loud even with the windows shut when giving it full tilt!

I don't think I have soundproofing anyway.....

TrevS3 said:
Just looked at your pics, soundproofing material under the hood this must be new for 2008. Not fitted to mine Jan 2007, wonder how much difference it makes.

It's not fitted to mine either, build week 50 2006. Can't say my turbo is that loud and compared to the dealer demo I drove my dump valve is almost silent.

Regards, John.

JohnS3 said:
It's not fitted to mine either, build week 50 2006. Can't say my turbo is that loud and compared to the dealer demo I drove my dump valve is almost silent.

Regards, John.

Mine is model year 2008 and doesn't have the sound proofing either and I'm glad!

I had a Golf Gti before my S3 and I removed the bonnet lining from that and it made it quite alot louder!

My S3 came without.. But its still quieter than my golf inside.. Think the S3 has more sound proofing anyways..

Oh and whatever anyone says removing it will not damage paint etc as alot of people think!

s3mike said:
Hmm, that's weird - mine has no sound-proofing under the bonnet, but does have the dial sweep thing and should be MY08!

Looking at my service book it states that month and year of manufacture is 06/07.
From the VIN number it was built at Ingolstadt.

Mine is 07/07 Ingolstadt and doesn't have the sound proofing!

What kind of sense does that make!

Maybe it's something to do with the colour?

XPOWER has a silver car and seems to be the only person that has the material under the bonnet.

Maybe it is to reflect heat away from certain colours.

Sounds like a longshot but it's a bit odd that cars built before and after XPOWER's don't have it!

s3mike said:
Maybe it's something to do with the colour?

XPOWER has a silver car and seems to be the only person that has the material under the bonnet.

Maybe it is to reflect heat away from certain colours.

Sounds like a longshot but it's a bit odd that cars built before and after XPOWER's don't have it!

Just thought i would say there is no sound proofing on mine either!!!!!:huh:

JohnS3 said:
Three sets of pics and all three cars have the silver headlining (sorry Steve!) I choose black. Does it brighten up the interior or not make that much difference?

Regards, John.

Very funny, completely missed the jab there. :hi:
Not to worry there are no rattles post operation and is much better dark inside!

s3mike said:
I wasn't sure whether to get black or silver when ordering. Now I have it I think Silver does make the cabin a bit lighter.

Then again my old car had black and I soon got used to it.

I think both would look good, to be honest I cannot remember what colour it was in the car I test drove - mind you that had the black / silver seats.

Also it's not really silver, more beige / grey!

It does make a difference from my view and having sat in the same car which was white (grrr) and was changed to black by the dealer, i can say it looks better with silver trim with everything else being black it makes a real contrast.

With the white headlining, buckets, silver on the FBMFSW and silver trim the silver was less pronounced than it was post 'operation'. Very chuffed with the inside now.

I had black on my last S3 with blue alcantara and the new one seems a bit more classy even without the wood trim.

any new deliveries , mines due 8th oct , it was week 37 build date does that sound right ?:scared2:

Mine was build week 35 and have been told last week September or First week in October for delivery, so sounds about right.

Adam.Z said:
Nice enjoy!!!!!

Dont leave it parked overnight on public street .... i had my S3 keyed twice in 1 month :crying:

I picked mine up June 8th ... after checking over my order i spotted that they hadn't fit the darck birch trim, but instead put in the brushed aluminium. Naturally i pointed this out .. and to be honest they were a bit embarassed by this silly error. So due to this my next Variable Service will be free of charge!! :icon_thumright: In fact the brushed aluminium looks actually better, so i'm glad Audi made that mistake.

Agreed Adam, the Aluminim is the better choice for a car like an S3. In Oz you can only get Piano Black or Alum. I got the Alum.

Cheers

Mine was one of the first few S3's delivered in Aus (first batch to the country June 07), no sound proofing under the bonnet. Given our crap roads it prbably makes no difference anyway, just adds weight ;) to the car anyhows!