Sepang touch up paint

larbel

Reaction score
I have a couple stone chips on the bumper that I wanted to fix, unless Mercedes or BMW, Audi doesn't offer OEM touch up paint???? My dealer charged me US$30 for a bottle of LY5Q supposedly mixed to match my car, well, it's way too dark. So I ordered from ChipEX the LY5Q paint, it's too dark as well but it's very close to the dealer mixed paint...

My color code IS LY5Q but howcome no one seems to be able to match it? Anyone has any success with Sepang touch up? Which brand did you go with?

You may wish to try this company http://www.paintscratch.com/ USA based and they offer paint pens, bottles, supplies etc.
I asked my dealer in Vancouver about Ara Blue and yes they can order from Audi Canada. The only issue I have with that it is a is that is a paint pen with a very large chisel nib..no good for small chips. I prefer the bottles of paint and clearcoat and then mix a small 50% mixture of paint and clearcoat and apply with a very fine artist paint brush or a sharpened toothpick and build it up with several coats.
The mixture of paint and clearcoat is much easier to apply rather than a two step process and avoids the paint fade if you only use base coat paint.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I know this sounds stupid but have you actually tried it? because paint usually looks darker when wet then dries lighter... My touch up bootle is clear so i can hold it next to the car. It looks really dark compared to the car but once dry it matches perfectly :)

Reactions: azibux1 and Flying Scotsman
I know this sounds stupid but have you actually tried it? because paint usually looks darker when wet then dries lighter... My touch up bootle is clear so i can hold it next to the car. It looks really dark compared to the car but once dry it matches perfectly :)

It's actually the other way around for me, the paint looks good inside the bottle, but too dark once painted (Shaked like for 10 mins as well!!)... And yes, I did tried it on the car and it's just too dark and really stands out... Maybe I'm being nick picking...

ChipEX on the left, dealer mixed on the middle, you can see they're extremely close.. And Soft99 on the right, it's meant for Mazda I think, and it's too blue...

IMG 1102
IMG 1100

I purchased and used the LY5Q paint from touchupdirect.com or through Amazon. The color is absolutely an exact match on my 2016 S3 Sepang paint. If you get the jar size, the cap has a fine brush perfect for touching up those tiny chips and it comes with a clear coat as well. They also have pen-style applicators, which I don't find very useful, or aerosol sprays and you can order just the paint in a quart size for a seemingly reasonable price if you want a bunch of it lying around!

I purchased and used the LY5Q paint from touchupdirect.com or through Amazon. The color is absolutely an exact match on my 2016 S3 Sepang paint. If you get the jar size, the cap has a fine brush perfect for touching up those tiny chips and it comes with a clear coat as well. They also have pen-style applicators, which I don't find very useful, or aerosol sprays and you can order just the paint in a quart size for a seemingly reasonable price if you want a bunch of it lying around!

Thanks! Both paintscratch.com and touchupdirect.com are almost identical in price, guess will just have to try them out and see... Just placed my order...

If you need the code: LY5Q

lE3VR0e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: