Sepang Blue - seriously go see it ..

I think I am going to spec Sepang on a 3dr, with chrome grill and windows/mirrors and the S-line alloys (chrome) with luna silver interior. However, I have yet to see any photos of such a spec and still have a nagging doubt. Not ordering just yet so time to wait and see...

Saw these elsewhere and the S1 looks very good in Sepang Blue.
7eqavy2a.jpg
ubu5yqa2.jpg

Reactions: The Challinor
I had ordered sepang blue as an exclusive color car delivered end of march,
I went to the deler to say that I wasn't happy that audi exept an exclusive color order wich they knew it was going replace estoril,
I wanted to change to nogaro but I was too late,2weeks ago they refund me the difference between exclusive and sepang standard,
But still regretting not having nogaro...

I had ordered sepang blue as an exclusive color car delivered end of march,
I went to the deler to say that I wasn't happy that audi exept an exclusive color order wich they knew it was going replace estoril,
I wanted to change to nogaro but I was too late,2weeks ago they refund me the difference between exclusive and sepang standard,
But still regretting not having nogaro...

Least you got your money back. Sepang is nice as well

Hi Phil,

I am also in 2 minds about Sepang (S3 saloon), I also like Daytona. I am yet to find a set of good outdoor pics with sepang w black pack to convince me.

What other colours are you considering?

Si

If you go Sepang with black pack then suggest also titanium alloys as the Silver alloys would need something else bright to complement them.

I test drove this last weekend, Kingfisher Blue with black pack and black rails. I would have ordered mine in this colour in a heartbeat if it were on the list. I don't like Sepang as I had a Z4 in a similar colour and it was a nightmare to clean and I have a feeling there is going to be lots of Sepang S3's on the road soon!

HighResImage.aspx

HighResImage.aspx

Reactions: J6YAK, RAPS3 and monopole
Well there were nearly 300 S3's last year, this year its above 700, wonder how many are SB :D

Best blue for a S3 (saloon) IMHO? Riviera blue :cool::cool::cool:

Bain_S3_2.JPG

Absolutely stunning! Just wish it wasn't £2k :(

(Oh & don't mention the wheels on the above car either :keule::laugh:)

Reactions: TheFiftheElement and The Challinor
I test drove this last weekend, Kingfisher Blue with black pack and black rails. I would have ordered mine in this colour in a heartbeat if it were on the list. I don't like Sepang as I had a Z4 in a similar colour and it was a nightmare to clean and I have a feeling there is going to be lots of Sepang S3's on the road soon!

HighResImage.aspx

HighResImage.aspx
Too pale. No sparkle. Imo.

Whatever colour you go for don't bother with sepang, it gets dirty very quickly, really attracts the dirt and needs cleaning almost every other day......

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Reactions: Woody86
Best blue for a S3 (saloon) IMHO? Riviera blue :cool::cool::cool:

Absolutely stunning! Just wish it wasn't £2k :(

(Oh & don't mention the wheels on the above car either :keule::laugh:)

Have you considered moving to a country where they offer those wheels :idea:

You might want to do a poll to see if people think you should emigrate or not :uk:

Reactions: The Challinor
Too pale. No sparkle. Imo.

its a good job not everyone wants a sparkly paint job then!

Also bare in mind those pictures are taken in direct sunlight with a decent exposure on the camera. I test drove that exact car and in gloomy North Wales it looked a treat, IMO of course.

Reactions: Louay
its a good job not everyone wants a sparkly paint job then!

Also bare in mind those pictures are taken in direct sunlight with a decent exposure on the camera. I test drove that exact car and in gloomy North Wales it looked a treat, IMO of course.
Indeed it is and it makes sparkly cars stand out even more

I thought about going for the blue, then when the dealer said "what colour?.....blue stands out", instantly I changed to black! I don't want to stand out! For me I want to be as stealthy as possible until the time I get someone in a flashy 'look at me' car at the lights....you know where this is going!!! :superman:

I have been wrestling between Glacier White and Sepang Blue. Went for white in the end as that is what I started out wanting. Sepang does look nice though.

I thought about going for the blue, then when the dealer said "what colour?.....blue stands out", instantly I changed to black! I don't want to stand out! For me I want to be as stealthy as possible until the time I get someone in a flashy 'look at me' car at the lights....you know where this is going!!! :superman:

I kind of agree with this, hence why I went with Mythos + black pack. However, there is also a very big part of me that would love a proper Quattro gmbH colour, such as imola yellow or nogaro blue, they are quite distinctive and really do separate the RS cars from run of the mill Audi's.

Yeah but wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the window in the car that you leave for dead at the lights when he says "WTF has he got in that?" thinking he was next to a 'normal' Audi!!!???!!!

I like this:

Q car
Web definitions

A sleeper or Q-car is a car that has high performance and an unassuming exterior. Sleeper cars are termed such because their exterior looks little or no different from a standard or economy-class car. ...

Looking forward to your de-badged S3 arriving with SE suspension and 16" alloys then?

Have you considered moving to a country where they offer those wheels :idea:

You might want to do a poll to see if people think you should emigrate or not :uk:

:eek: & I was just beginning to like you .... :meeting:

Funny how you can go off people real quick! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

If your paying Martin I'm going :D Still will annoy you all with the polls tho', even from the other side of the World/Universe/Galaxy :p:D:D:D

I have been wrestling between Glacier White and Sepang Blue. Went for white in the end as that is what I started out wanting. Sepang does look nice though.
I ran a glacier white s3 saloon for 3 months and have a sepang saloon landing next week and will be able to give you some feedback

Here is my S3 sedan, still awaiting hand-over, booked in for next Sat the 18th of Oct.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 414
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 450
Reactions: Foxtrot_Oscar, ABYSS, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
^ S3 Looks gorgeous Longy :cool::cool::cool:

:eek: Those damn wheels again! :laugh:

^ S3 Looks gorgeous Longy :cool::cool::cool:

:eek: Those damn wheels again! :laugh:

Thanks BH, believe it or, the car was actually filthy when those pictures were taken, can't wait until next Saturday!

And also have it booked in the week after for a paint protection treatment - went with a product called Modesta.

I've had a glacier white A3 now an S3 in a common bluey kind of colour. In all honesty I do find that the blue really shows the dirt where as the Glacier always looked good.
But the blue does look great when it's just cleaned.

Reactions: Woody86
^ Know what you mean Steve

I have had my current ibis white A4 for 5 1/2 years & TBH I find it a doddle to keep clean, unlike my wifes black/red MINI JCW, which drives me nuts!

I've had a glacier white A3 now an S3 in a common bluey kind of colour. In all honesty I do find that the blue really shows the dirt where as the Glacier always looked good.
But the blue does look great when it's just cleaned.

My partner has a Almafi white A1 and that's terrible for traffic film, etc looking dirty.

^ Know what you mean Steve

I have had my current ibis white A4 for 5 1/2 years & TBH I find it a doddle to keep clean, unlike my wifes black/red MINI JCW, which drives me nuts!

Interesting what you said in your last sentence there BH, and you went and got yourself a "red" S3!

Interesting what you said in your last sentence there BH, and you went and got yourself a "red" S3!
Its the black part of the wifes MINI thats the pain, the red part is easy, as its only the mirror caps & roof (and thats got a panny roof covering 3/4 of it)

TBH I would have gone for the glacier white S3 if I didnt currently own a white car