Sepang Blue or Misano Red S3

Richy_C

Reaction score
Evening all,

Now I know this is a very subjective and individual view but I need some help. The last few cars I have had have all been White, reason being it wasn't a common colour and I liked the individualism of it. These being a GTI edition 30, A3 sportback and A5 coupe. Now white as much as I love it seems to be the colour of the last couple of years and there are loads so I feel like a change.

Now I've decided I want to get a S3 sportback and have built so many in the configurator as I'm sure we all did that the only thing I cannot decide on is the colour!

My thought process is that both Sepang and Misano look amazing clean but which stands up best to the road film layering. From experience bright colours always stand out more and don't look as dirty as black say at the other end of the spectrum so welcome your feed back based on you as owners experiences.

I would say I'm 70% Misano at the moment with full chrome on either choices (again previous cars have been black editions so change needed).

Also if you have something to add about another colour feel free to explain why you prefer it. Welcome all comments.

Thanks,

No problem chap appreciate the pointer and saves time!

Skim read the thread and I've been the same as BH, was 100% sepang but the Misano just jumps out more.

Not as much as yours though granted!!

Reactions: The Challinor
Daytona Grey, looks amazing clean or dirty lol

No problem chap appreciate the pointer and saves time!

Skim read the thread and I've been the same as BH, was 100% sepang but the Misano just jumps out more.

Not as much as yours though granted!!

For me it's a odd one, I love red - loads of red stuff in house, etc but on cars I'm just not sold on it.

Sepang is a nice colour, maybe a little bit dark for me but nice all the same.

Yes mine certainly jumps out! Plenty of custom colours if you want something along those lines.

Well don't get me started on the custom colours we'll be here all night!!!

Depending on the deal I can get Saturday we'll see.. Peridot green I think it's called, that would be pushing my budget though.

Only on the Porsche's but this just blows me away.

I have a Misano Red SB with full chrome, which gets used on motorways in all weathers. Stands up to road film very well IMO. Whilst I love the colour to bits though, it does lose it's sparkle when it gets grubby, but that soon returns when washed. Daresay that Sepang is similar though, most paints will dull a little once there is a film of dirt on them.

In the sun though for me Misano is one of the best colours out there.

At the end of the day your choice, you won't be disappointed in either in all honesty.

If I had too choose between these two colors,
I would definitely choose Sepang Blue. :thumbs up:

I love Sepang on mine.. I've become seriously ocd on cleaning it though & yes it does mark easily.

Judging by the cars i see around Aberdeen, Sepang seems to be the new white. If i was allowed to have paid extra for paint i'd have gone Panther or Daytona. Not so keen on the orangeyness of Misano but each to their own :)

If i hadn't got my car from stock I'd probably have gone with Nardo.. Still love that color now

So you are split between red and blue...hmm if only there was a way of merging the colours....lol

4.jpg

well technically red and blue do not make this colour but it did when I was 6. hahaha

Reactions: Blackwhite, Brasso and The Challinor
Easiest colour to hide the dirt are silver types. I've gone for black as I love black cars and don't mind washing them once/twice per week :)

HighResImage.aspx

So you are split between red and blue...hmm if only there was a way of merging the colours....lol

4.jpg

well technically red and blue do not make this colour but it did when I was 6. hahaha

Hmm Merlin... i do like purple but this picture is enhanced and its just doesnt pop that much in real life, it does have an amazing sparkle effect though. Not sure the chrome would match too well either, i would have to get a Ribena berry bouncing up the bar window though lol

Berry

Reactions: ice_cube99 and AndyB-S3
Here's a couple of pics of mine in Misano Red with chrome when I picked it up
IMG 419093371
IMG 419093452

Reactions: Richy_C
Well then it is decided.....Black it is then.. :thumbs up: lol

Well then it is decided.....Black it is then.. :thumbs up: lol

I love Black when its clean but i had a Black GSI back in the day and omg i swore id never have another unless i the invented some kind of peel off coverings so i could be clean all the time. OCD overload...

Just buy a solid white car.

Then get it wrapped every 12 months.

Problem solved.

Reactions: The Challinor and Richy_C
Whatever colour you choose, just remember to use search and try your best to bring the thread that you do use, around to Mono.pur in six or less comments. A bit like the six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Reactions: The Challinor
I love Sepang. I ordered Sepang. I changed to Glacier White (with mono.pur!). The trauma of keeping Sepang clean and the constant worry about visible swirls was too much for me to bear. I also had a similar blue a few years back on a different car which was a pig to keep looking nice.

Here's my Misano S3 on collection day ....This photo is slightly edited so colour might be off slightly. I will add be adding LOADS of cleaning day pics on Saturday (Altho its looking cloudy so no sun shots). I am on day 4 of owning the car and I must say it is filthy !! But ....still looks stunning and you can only see the dirt in bright sunlight ...when dull you cannot see the dirt.

IMG 0012 20150301184315040 ASN

Obviously I am biased and will vote MISANO RED all the way as I think it looks fantastic on this car!!!!!!!!

Oh wow, Misano or Sepang?
Sepang is a beautiful colour but there's no doubt it's an absolute pig to keep looking as new. It shows the dirt and any marks very quickly. A bit of grime takes the shine off it very quickly. There's no doubt in my mind that Misano looks cleaner longer and is less likely to show any swirls.

But you have to go with your own choice. Easiest colour to keep, that doesn't show dirt or swirls easily is white, Glacier is stunning in the sunshine. But you've had lots of white cars so ..................... he who pays the piper

An Audi salesman advised against buying a Misano Red RS3 when I was looking, he said they weren't the right colour for it ?????!!!!!
Went and bought one anyway.
712b8f895e065d59140e91326fbd63cd.jpg

Although I was told the same when we bought our second S3 that Silver wasn't a good colour

0bf25d4f8a5cb80069303ce16aadc26a.jpg

Reactions: David83S3
lol I'm lucky with work, I get every Fri/Sat/Sun off and we have no kids, so plenty of time to chill :)

Just to confuse you (as you seem to like white cars), are you sure you don't want another one?!!
P1010904   Copy

Thank you all some really good feed back and what i was looking for.

some beautiful pictures too which helps! i had forgotten how helpful this forum was and nice to be back.

Reactions: David83S3
I say you should go for red because mine is blue :)

I'm not a RED fan in general, although it does work on some sporty models but not something I could live with every day.
I very nearly ordered a new Sepang A4 BE but plumped for a 2.5 year old White one in the end.
Coming from a Black SEAT Leon FR, the A4 is a breeze to keep looking clean.
Now who mentioned wrapping.....you got me thinking now (although most wraps I have seen are quite dull and mark very easily)