1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling Car - Questions?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by dan172, Jun 23, 2010.

1. dan172

dan172 ...

I have someone coming to look at my car tomorrow evening as it is for sale. The prospective buyer is bringing a VAG technician with them. I have no issues with this, however, the prospective buyer wants his VAG techy guy to to plug his computer in to my car.
    Questions are:
    • Is this acceptable do you think?
    • No harm can be done to my car can it?
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S3

Well, it's entirely upto you if you want to let him plug it in, but if you have no worries about your car, then I can't see anything wrong with letting him plug his diagnostic equipment in, with you watching of course....

4. dan172

dan172 ...

As I thought. I have no worries. I might even find out something?!

5. BillTheButcher

Audi RS3

Definitely let him do it. If he's gone to the trouble of bringing the technician with him then I think he'll be suspicious if you refuse.

6. auroan

auroan Active Member

Just make sure you watch what the technician is doing. Just in-case they do something they shouldn't. Any VAG motor I buy (or friends/family buy) I scan with VCDS to check for any issues.

I went to look at a motor (not my current one) at an Audi dealership and the saleman nearly fell over when I pulled my laptop out and hooked it up to the diag port. He'd never heard of VCDS and I had to explain to him infront of the service manager what it was. I found two engine faults which were enough for me to walk away from the deal.

7. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)
    Team Silver Audi S3 Audi Sport Owner Group

Yea you cant lose anything by him running a check and after all you may end up finding something out, which may work in your favour.