1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling a Private Plate...

warleydaddy Feb 27, 2010

1. warleydaddy

warleydaddy Member

Just treated myself to a new Private Plate,but i want to keep,and sell the 1 thats on the car,as its worth £800!!!

Whats/wheres the best place to sell a plate now a days???

Pete...

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Ebay or something mate.

3. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

you havent got that valuation from one of these crumby sites have ya Pete.......

4. cabby86

cabby86 Member

As has been mentioned a lot of the number plate dealers have a habit of massively over valuing plates.

Regtransfers (www.regtransfers.co.uk/auction) have an auction section on their website, where I believe private sellers can list plates, not sure on the fees they charge. I bought a plate through it a couple of years ago for £75.00 plus fees, you can set reserves etc, might be worth a look.

Cheers

Chris

5. warleydaddy

warleydaddy Member

Il have a look in to that then... Well its on a few sites now,and THEY have valued it at £850.. Aslong as i can clear £600 for what my plate cost, i dont mind...

Hi Tim,been a while... How ya doin??

Pete...

6. 1animal1

im alright mate....same old same old.....was gna ring ya see if you wanted a new shape cooper S, you managed to sell yours yet :)

you bin upto much.....

Tim

7. warleydaddy

warleydaddy Member

No it went about 6 months ago.... Gutted,as was good to take my anger out of onon a week end!!! lol...

Hope your well.. Will have to catch up again for a pint and natter again soon...

Pete...

8. 1animal1

defo mate....looking to go to pod this summer campin if ya interested

9. warleydaddy

warleydaddy Member

I could drag the old lantrens and calor cooker out,if the price is right :icon_thumright:

10. 1animal1

raw sausage is the only way fella..... especially if we're camping it up :)

11. MIKE GTR

MIKE GTR Member

Raw sausage & Camping it up!!!!

Are you sure its Santa Pod and not Club MAn Hole lol

12. 1animal1

more like santa's pod i reckon, apparently theres a mobile version of the blue oyster bar, free moustache with every pine colada