Selling A Car

james0808

Reaction score
Thinking about selling my A4 and getting an S3.The misses has passed her test and were going to get something economical for her to drive so i can get something less economical.What i wanted to know is will i be better off taking off the extras ive put on it and selling them seperate.It will be S4 Recaro Interior,S4 Front brakes(b5),RS4 RARB,Koni SSK kit,FMIC,Full Milltek,Alloys and the kit minus the spoiler.They are all fairly new as i only got the car in April.Ive got all the original parts so it wont be a problem.Or do i leave them on and ask abit more for the car?

from my experience you will get loads more if you sell the modified parts separately as many people shy away from an overly modified car even tho it isnt a problem. i would sell things such as the exhaust, intercooler and seats as most wont appreciate them and no doubt not pay much more for them. and you will gain a fair bit of cash

oh and would you consider me 1st if selling your S4 seats? :)

kenny_boon said:
from my experience you will get loads more if you sell the modified parts separately as many people shy away from an overly modified car even tho it isnt a problem. i would sell things such as the exhaust, intercooler and seats as most wont appreciate them and no doubt not pay much more for them. and you will gain a fair bit of cash

oh and would you consider me 1st if selling your S4 seats? :)
I will have to put the standard rear valance back on when i take the exhaust off.Should still look nice.If i do sell you will get a pm kenny boon.

james0808 said:
I will have to put the standard rear valance back on when i take the exhaust off.Should still look nice.If i do sell you will get a pm kenny boon.

thanks mate, now i remember how much you got them for ;)

on a serious note, you will make much more selling it all individually.

let me know wot ur selling sir ;-)

I have test drove an S3,didn't like it.The boot is too small for me and it didn't live up to my expectations.Looks like i will have a look for a 1.8t A4 instead so i will be keeping all the bits for that,sorry chaps.

no worries, out of interest what version of S3 did you drive? 210bhp or 225bhp?

210,the gear change was notchy is that normal or just that one?It didn't feel that fast to me neither,sounds daft but my golf is quicker.Maybe it was just a crap one i dont know.Might find one which has been remapped and try that,might change my mind.

definately look out for the updated 225bhp model. in standard from they wont feel very quick tbh, but they will remap to 260-270 and feel good then

A4 1.8T feel very flat too, if you are used to all the torque from a diesel its hard getting used to a petrol again

The golf is petrol.Going to wait until its not raining and try and find a remapped S3.Hopefully i will be more impressed.

the 210's remap exactly the same as 225's, upto a maximum of 260ish BHP. However, the later DBW's can be ODB remapped without removing the ECU.

Gear notchiness is normal for the 6-speed box.

And definitely put the car back to standard. Not only will you make more money from selling the bits seperately, but you'll widen your scope of potential buyers.