Sell or stay as I am?

warleydaddy

Reaction score
Mornin guys....

Ok,I've managed to get my hands on some lcr brembos, but after looking in to it, I'm debating fitting them now or not... I suffer with (as quite a few of us do) 'spongy peddle syndrome'... I have brand new Brembo discs,DS2500,braided hoses, and srf through the whole system... For what it's gonna cost 260plus probably (pads and discs), is it REALLY worth going up to brembos for road driving or not?? As I'm having 2nd thoughts now....

Anyone who's gone from my current set up, to brembos, or anyone who has experienced the upgrade, I'd love to hear your feedback,

Pete...

Pads come in around the £100 for DS2500's and should be on top of the list if you plan to make good use of the new setup but you can use std pads which are cheaper... discs will be LCR 323mm ones and can be bought for around £100 a pair

<tuffty/>

I had a little drive of Dane's motor on saturday and he has Brembos on his compared to my standard callipers with brmbo max discs and DS2500 pads, braided lines and motul dot 4 fluid. His were soo much sharper than mine, I was impressed but mine are good for my sort of road driving.

You need to weight up the cost to performance and what you want from your brake setup for the type of driving you do.

Where do people buy DS2500 pads from and black diamond disc, which other discs do people recommend?

Where do people buy DS2500 pads from and black diamond disc, which other discs do people recommend?

Bill sells DS2500's but not Black Diamond discs... think he sells EBC Ultimax and his own eliptical grooved discs...

<tuffty/>

Mornin guys....

Ok,I've managed to get my hands on some lcr brembos, but after looking in to it, I'm debating fitting them now or not... I suffer with (as quite a few of us do) 'spongy peddle syndrome'... I have brand new Brembo discs,DS2500,braided hoses, and srf through the whole system... For what it's gonna cost 260plus probably (pads and discs), is it REALLY worth going up to brembos for road driving or not?? As I'm having 2nd thoughts now....

Anyone who's gone from my current set up, to brembos, or anyone who has experienced the upgrade, I'd love to hear your feedback,

Pete...

I've gone from standard 312mm brakes to Brembo's, and I've also done the reverse of going back to 312s also. For road driving, even with remapped power, the standard brakes are adequate, only when you go for a spirited drive or some track work will the Brembo's make sense in my opinion.
I've notice the Brembo's are a lot better when heated up, and normal road driving isn't going to get that type heat I'm talking about, so in essence, yes, they will be wasted for normal road driving with the occasional blast, but they look good behind the wheels. There's very little in it in terms of braking power unless you are stopping from a silly speed, but you do get the added benefit of lighter brake calipers with the Brembo's which reduces unsprung weight, which in turn helps handling.

Thanks for the replies guys... Still in 2 minds... Spacers that I ordered have come today too lol, (is that a sign)?! I'd like to know where do ds2500's that cheap?! I paid £125 for mine with my discount!!!

Plus, what would my S3 set up be worth if I was to fit the brembos, and sell them?? 2month old discs/ds2500's, perfect callipers, and goodridge hoses... Maybe a good upgrade for a polo,golf,Ibiza??

Think if truth be known, il sell them now... PM me offers...

Pete...

Pete i think you should just give um me tbh haha. You know it makes sense :).