Sell As Is Or Return To Standard

SI-W85

Reaction score
As per title really should I put my car back to standard to sell or would anyone be interested as it is? Also what would it be worth please standard or with modifications. It is the S-line start stop 2.0tdi 143 on a 2010 with 52k on the clock in absolutely immaculate condition. The list of modifications are as follows

Custom quad stainless straight through exhaust.
Genuine S4 diffuser
Genuine black edition front grill
S5 callipers
Black diamond grooved discs
Red stuff pads
BMW X5 staggered wheels done in hyper silver.
G23 custom adaptors
Egr delete
Tinted windows
Stage 1 remap
K&N filter
Led interior lights
Coilovers will add a couple pics incase anyone would be interested.

Reactions: ruairi83
I'd tend to agree with return to standard. Never seem to get any more money for a modded car these days. But depends if you have the standard parts still. Don't bother about the little things like the K&N etc

Reactions: DarkBunny
Thanks for the reply, yeah I still have all the original parts to put back apart from the wheels so guess I'll have to find a set of rotors for it now, it's just a ball ache isn't it lol I've just spent £650 on a 4 day detail with ceramic seal it looks amazing guess I'll never see that again but on the upside it should help sell it the fact it looks well. Looking for a value on it too as I don't really know and I'm sure I'll get ripped off on a trade in so guess id rather sell it myself.

Sorry pal that would go with the car im sure it would help sell it you see.

Yeah it's a hassle having to remove all the parts and sell them but usually worth it for the cash.

To get a feel of if its worthwhile, just guess the lowest selling prices of all the parts your gonna remove and then ask yourself "Would I get that amount extra selling the car with the mods on?".

Just as a heads up, when I sold my B7 I took a load of decent quality parts off it and I eventually sold them all but I must've had about 20 people contact me on here and waste my time. People arguing over £5 here and £10 there. Sold most of them on other Audi/VAG forums.

Reactions: SI-W85
Yeah suppose that's one way of looking at it, not sure what its worth standard or as it is, but I know I'm limiting my market leaving it how it is. Guess I'll just have work it out what I think its worth standard and what I can sell the bits for, thanks for the heads up on the selling the parts.

Don't make mods back really, but I'll be interested in your interior LEDs if you can be bothered to remove ;)
Coil overs would probably cost you that in labour to swap back over and replace unless you still have originals and are good with a spanner...

Im in a similar boat to you now I am getting ready to change cars, alltho I have not done that much to mine really, just the grill, mirror covers and leds, along with some vcds tweeks, but generally I return to as standard as possible as people are often put off. Depends how much work you would need to put it back to standard, and looking at your list, you have certainly done some!

Are you desperate to sell? As you could always advertise as it is, and test the water, you never know.

Can you take any of the mods with you onto the next car?

In most cases, you're probably better off selling as is... You won't make much more on it and you'll save having to 'store' items while they're selling.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: SI-W85
Don't make mods back really, but I'll be interested in your interior LEDs if you can be bothered to remove ;)
Coil overs would probably cost you that in labour to swap back over and replace unless you still have originals and are good with a spanner...

LEDs will prob stay in lol I still have original suspension and can get them swapped back for free so that won't be an issue. Think the coilovers should be easier to sell than the standard suspension. ;)

Im in a similar boat to you now I am getting ready to change cars, alltho I have not done that much to mine really, just the grill, mirror covers and leds, along with some vcds tweeks, but generally I return to as standard as possible as people are often put off. Depends how much work you would need to put it back to standard, and looking at your list, you have certainly done some!

Are you desperate to sell? As you could always advertise as it is, and test the water, you never know.

I'm not in any rush to sell at all to be honest I'm half thinking of just keeping it and modding it further as a show car as I enjoy going to the vag shows, I can easily put back to standard as I still have all the original parts apart from the rear diffuser which is easily available on eBay.

Did you fit adjustable upper control arms?

No I didn't but should have done only I couldn't find any for decent money the only ones I could find we're something silly like £200 and in the states so postage was silly too.

If and when it comes to it I'll give you a heads up I'd prob want £450 for exhaust & diffuser. Cheers

Evening, I'd also be interested in the exhaust & diffuser if it would fit a 2010 B8 Avant 2.0 Tdi 143, I have cash waiting & could you give me a rough idea of postage to Lincoln?

Many Thanks, Gaz.