1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self Opening Door after some driving. Scary..

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by sekenzo, Apr 16, 2010.

1. sekenzo

sekenzo Member

My N/S door slams shuts fine and appears to be normal when you first close it. If you push it from the inside it will not move. So all appears fine.

HOWEVER, after driving for a distance, it will just randomly opens up! Luckily, it won't fully open as there is still a second catch in the lock mechanism but the first catch seems to just let go... imagine driving at 70mph and suddenly a huge gush of air rush in... Anyone has this before and know what's wrong?
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  2. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Nope mate, but I would get that checked out pretty damn quickly!!

Have you done a search as well, its not something that I have read about, but you never know.
  3. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Ha ha ha, the boot used to do this on my very old Corsa years ago (typical Vauxhall).

Cruising down the motorway at 80-85 mph, the boot actually used to just FULLY open. Scared the living **** out of me the first few times.

And you look like a total numb nuts! :(
  4. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

my Audi used to do the same when my mate first bought it. New catches on both doors (3 door car) supplied and fitted by audi was well over £300. Since i have had the car i have replaced the boot catch as this done the same due to corrosion.
  5. sekenzo

sekenzo Member

Yeah, scare the living **** out of me as well for the first couple of times... :scared2:
    but now I just have to live with tieing the safety belt around the door handle until I get a new locking mechanism sorted...
  6. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

thats a brilliant bodge, loving the handy work lol