See the C7 will be around for another year.

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Reactions: Audimad
Yep, my dealer said the following in an email exchange we had ... "looking at the model release schedule for the next 18 months, a completely new A6 isn't on it. It's likely to be another 18 months to 2 years before we see that."

It is good to know I'm not about to receive an obsolete model.

Just what I thought.
I'll probably look to change for a new model come the end of 2018 so I'll be looking for a good deal as an early adopter. :)

Reactions: RAF_S7
There may not be a new model coming for 2017, but l expect to see some updates to the current offering.

Top of my list would be an updated MMI with CarPlay and the virtual dash. Hardly any retooling needed in order to deliver those :racer:

So I've been told I'm getting the 2017 model that does have car play and all that jazz. But it won't have the nice virtual dash seen on the new a4 ... which is a shame as that looks awesome.

Reactions: Rhyso
There may not be a new model coming for 2017, but l expect to see some updates to the current offering.

Top of my list would be an updated MMI with CarPlay and the virtual dash. Hardly any retooling needed in order to deliver those :racer:

Fairly sure CarPlay is now available on the A6 as part of the 17 model revisions :)

No virtual cockpit though

Unlikely to see virtual cockpit, it would require too much development. As above Carplay has been an option since the MY17 release, and carplay is software only change (MMI firmware & license) so simple to apply to the MY17 model range.

Reactions: James_TDi
It's defo there as I chose it as an option S part of the tech pack and phone connection upgrade. :)

CarPlay was a £250 option and at present there is no possible retrofit, I'm sure someone will crack the licensing at some point but at present if you did not put it on your order there is nothing the dealer can do to help.

CarPlay was a £250 option and at present there is no possible retrofit, I'm sure someone will crack the licensing at some point but at present if you did not put it on your order there is nothing the dealer can do to help.
Ah, I misunderstood. Ho hum. Wasn't bothered enough to spec it when ordering, not going to get upset it can't be currently retrofitted.

I was just trying to point out that car play is a software only change, I cannot see Audi putting any further hardware development into the C7, as they must be putting all the effort into the new A6, A7 & A8 models. I would love to be wrong and would like to see virtual cockpit, but on a car that is EOL in less than 24 months I just don't see them doing any further changes.

Reactions: Tips
I saw in an article when the facelift was produced, that the virtual cockpit wasn't implemented as it would have required major wiring loom changes.