1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seduced by Nogaro blue and black bits combo!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jgrannyfield, Dec 11, 2010.

1. jgrannyfield

jgrannyfield New Member

Hey!
    After a couple of months of deliberation I have decided to transform my nogaro S3 into a blue/black beast like some of the others on here!
    I am breaking up from uni next week and i my time off I want to at least get all the grills sprayed before Xmas.

Does anyone know what people use to spray the grills? How you go about it, i.e take them out or tape it up? Also have people sprayed the panel above the exhaust and the bits on the side?

O and anyone have any suggestions for black alloys? I have some ideas (Kei racing force 10), but I know you guys know your stuff!

Thanks in advance for your replies!
  2. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

I used black satin enamel from Wilkinsons. Gave the chrome a good sand down with wet & dry to key in the surface, then primer and top coat.

I've got black surround and rings, and black rings on the boot. Plus black OZ Super Ts that I had refurbed in black satin. Mirrors were already body coloured so its a chrome free car.

Someone ages ago sprayed the grey bits body colour - think it was an Imola car - but not seen them done in black on a Noggy car.
  3. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!

worth giving the grillsa quick once over with laquer from a rattle can otherwise you'll be more prone to chips ;)

unless of course you pay a bodyshop to apply matt laquer